Posted By: Neil PR Meeting in Canada - 10/03/02 05:05 AM
Hello Fellow Photoreaders.
I am interested in starting a Photoreading meeting somewhere in Canada. We could discuss Photoreading and books and anything else that has to do with Photoreading. I think it would be a blast. Let me know if you live in the area.

regards

[This message has been edited by Neil (edited October 03, 2002).]

Posted By: mancle Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/03/02 06:35 AM
Hi Neil I am in Toronto, Canada and would love to chat with someone living in Canada

mancle

Posted By: Hel Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/03/02 02:04 PM
In-person meeting or virtual meeting? This is a pretty huge 'area' you are referring to.

<Let me know if you live in the area.>

Posted By: Iam2 Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/03/02 02:26 PM
I'm in Ottawa. Good luck Neil. I don't think there are enough Canucks into PR and on the board to get a group going. I support group in the city would be great, but I'm not optimistic.

Posted By: stace_45 Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/03/02 09:06 PM
I live close to Canada. I live in Grand Forks, ND. Which is a couple hundred miles from Winnipeg. Let me know if anyone is near by.

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/04/02 11:37 PM
Ottawa

Posted By: Dan Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/05/02 01:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Saikali:
Ottawa

Hi I'm also in Ottawa

Posted By: razordu30 Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/05/02 08:53 AM
Three Ottawans, eh? This may be the closest to a messageboard-inspired meeting of prers I've seen thus far.

Good luck you crazy canucks. Let us all know if you plan something

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/05/02 02:10 PM
razordu30

Americans plan, Canucks just follow!

I hope our Prime Minister does not read this.

Posted By: Iam2 Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/07/02 01:28 PM
Well I came back to this thread to let Neil know there is a PR trainer in Alberta, and they might be willing to do a mail out to old customers. This might be a better way to contact other PRers in (I'm thinking Edmonton, but I can't find the evidence for it).

ANYWAYS, three of us in Ottawa Wow. Gee the idea of getting together might be enough to get me to finish the the tapes and do some regular practicing. I'd suggest meeting at a chapters, or a library. :^) (safe neutral territory, for the internet paranoids (me)).

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited October 07, 2002).]

Posted By: Dan Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/07/02 11:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Iam2:
[B]
ANYWAYS, three of us in Ottawa Wow. Gee the idea of getting together might be enough to get me to finish the the tapes and do some regular practicing. I'd suggest meeting at a chapters, or a library. :^) (safe neutral territory, for the internet paranoids (me)).

I'm interested.. it would be neat to see how we are each using the system...

Posted By: Margaret Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/07/02 11:48 PM
Hey all you upThere , let us know how the meeting goes.

Posted By: Neil Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/08/02 02:51 PM
I will have to think about the distances involved, the members that will show and the location of the meeting. When push comes to shove, the bucks required for the travel.

Posted By: Hel Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/08/02 03:46 PM
You are still thinking about organizing a pan-Canada meeting? Then please have it when it's relatively warm.

Toronto is a good midway point. OK, it's closer to Ottawa than Edmonton, but there are, as of now, three people from Ottawa, one from Toronto. Maybe even Ramon will show up if he happens to be visiting Mississauga, or whatever.

Posted By: seto Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/09/02 02:11 AM
I'm from Vancouver, British Columbia

Posted By: RKstar Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/09/02 03:44 AM
from calgary ab. I saw a post here earlier about starting a meeting in edmonton- that would be great!

Posted By: focuskid Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/09/02 01:01 PM
From Alberta......Has anyone thought of opening a Canucks only PR website and have virtual PR conventions? Let me know and I'll help out. PS.: Toronto would be a good meeting point, as the flight fares are somewhat reasonable.

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited October 09, 2002).]

Posted By: Iam2 Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/09/02 03:26 PM
1) I don't like a "only" group idea. An "us" theme yes, but no exclusivity.

2) It looks like Alberta is starting to get quite a few voices going.

3) I'm still checking this thread and waiting to see Michael's opinion on a Ottawa meeting. I've got the most, in the way of PR, to benefit and Michael probably the least. So what do you say Michael, Dan's already given the nod.

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited October 09, 2002).]

Posted By: focuskid Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/10/02 02:25 AM
A big city like Ottawa would be good for a convention as it probably has the population and the educational level overall should be fairly higher than most cities. But the PR community as a whole (even stateside) is still relatively small. We Canucks will need to pool our resources nationaly for a few good resons: We can display Canadian third party resources for Photoreading and related subjects, with big participant numbers we can attract the big names in Photoreading (you know who I mean!), no exchange rate on the dollar killing our pocket books,.... the list goes on.( And of course it should open to all IAM2! sheeeesh! )
It's a good idea for a lot of good reasons, but we just need to find a way to do it.

Posted By: Margaret Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/10/02 02:37 AM
I think Michael would be an interesting guy to meet.

Posted By: Iam2 Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/10/02 02:40 AM
I'm just talking about meeting some other people that won't give me that glazed "Oh so you're into that new age BS" when I describe PR.

If you mention NLP around here you'll find a few that know what you mean. However, mention the potential of reading at 2 pages a second and you get a yeaaaaah sure. Most people or skeptical about speedreading, and I work with a pretty educated crowd.

bla bla bla ...

I'm not into running a convention. Attending one, if it's not too expensive okay. However, I think that Ottawa just had an alternative education convention this summer. It may or may not be an annual Ottawa thing. Although, if it was it would be great to slide a Paul or Pete into the line-up. Of course they'd be interested in setting up a course.... and more such ramblings.

Posted By: Hel Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/10/02 11:36 AM
I thought this was just about a possible meeting. I am out of country now. Probably won't be back till spring. Or Summer.

Posted By: quidscribis Re: PR Meeting in Canada - 10/13/02 04:44 AM
I'm all for it. I'm in Kelowna, so Vancouver would work great for me!!

Laurie

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement