Posted By: Kimax2000 Zillions of questions - 11/11/02 02:23 PM
Are questions in the book at the end of each chapter a good activiater? Can you give examples of mind probing questions that I can reference to. Can I ask questions like this: "what is the first word on page 45?" Is it true that if you photoread a dictionary or a thesaurus on a regular basis will improve your vocabulary? Why is superreading (or is it rapid reading) is consider by some the most enjoyable part of the system? Does anyone who has a blip page so wide that the eyes can't keep? Is it wider the blip page the better effect you will have in PR mode? Where can I get more information on mind mapping? Can we activate a book that we long read before? Does anyone have experience reading from PDA devices? Sorry to ask so many guestions everyday because I don't find anyone who PRs here in Taiwan around my area. Thank You very much for you help.

Posted By: KWLee Re: Zillions of questions - 11/11/02 02:40 PM
Hi!
Are questions in the book at the end of each chapter a good activiater? Can you give examples of mind probing questions that I can reference to

Yes. Those help. You'll probably find this post I did of a discussion with Alex useful: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002817.html

Can I ask questions like this: "what is the first word on page 45?"

You can. With the Dictionary game. It's fun, especially when you get it! But don't get too uptight if you don't get it at first. The bridge between your inner and conscious mind strengthens with practice. Some people just leave off the game until some time later, and they find that their accuracy has improved.

Why is superreading (or is it rapid reading) is consider by some the most enjoyable part of the system?

In some senses, it is. That's when all the information you put into your mind gets triggered forth, and it's exciting to see the book gel into comprehension. The other parts of the system, however, are just as crucial.

Does anyone who has a blip page so wide that the eyes can't keep? Is it wider the blip page the better effect you will have in PR mode?

Do you? The size of the blip page depends on how far your focal plane is. However, as long as your eyes are relaxed and in soft focus, it doesn't matter how large a blip page you see.

Where can I get more information on mind mapping?

Try Tony Buzan's Mind Map Book.

Can we activate a book that we long read before?

You can activate a book you've read before assuming you've put it in your inner mind first. That means that you still have to do the PR step.

KWLee

Posted By: AlexK Re: Zillions of questions - 11/11/02 02:54 PM
For most books you want to know more than what the first word on a particular page is... in which case it is better to turn the chapter headings into questions (start at the index). I had writen an article on asking questions you can email me if you would like a copy of it.

Superreading is probably considered one of the enjoyable parts of the process due to the fact that it builds the conscious comprehension of the book. Also it can be used in other areas of your life. Paul gave examples of it in the book... referring to his wife and to the jeweller who used superreading technique to find something in their everyday life.

On this post I provided a couple of good sites that give more information on mind mapping
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/002704.html

It doesn't matter how many days have passed since you Photoread the book you can activate it. It helps if you photoreading it again just before activation. No need to wait you can go straight into activation after photoreading since you had done it before.

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement