Posted By: Ryan in China I need a little help... - 01/11/03 05:21 PM
(may be in the wrong forum, but hope you can take a look...)

Hello,

My name is Ryan O'Connor. I'm currently in China finishing a teaching contract here, but I will be moving to Hong Kong in a week's time to teach and study there. I'm twenty years old. I have started the PR self-study course, and have a couple paraliminals. I am originally from Canada.

Here's my problem. I'm not sure if I've always been this way, or what, but I find that my short-term memory is just plain terrible. I think it's my very short-term memory that's the worst. I can forget about what I was doing half a second ago sometimes. When I try to clean my apartment, for example, I always get off track and end up doing about 350 things at once. When I realize I've done this, I get mad at myself, which isn't helpful I know. It's one of those things that's real frustrating, and I've noticed in how many ways it affects my life. I constantly lose my train of thought, and find myself saying "ummmmm..." a lot when talking to someone. I am planning on buying the Memory Optimizer Program in the future, but am not sure if that will help this issue.

Any thoughts? I can give more details if you'd like... I tend to analyze stuff like this a lot.

Searching for a solution,

Ry

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: I need a little help... - 01/11/03 08:54 PM
Hmmmmmmm ...

I have two solutions for you ...

Meditation to calmmmm the mind.

OR

Kids to keep you so busy you don't have time to think!

Time and age have a way of slowing things down in all respects.

LLL

Michael Saikali

Posted By: AlexK Re: I need a little help... - 01/12/03 05:57 AM
Use the Memory Supercharger that came with the PR course. Just tell yourself that you have excellent short and long term memory when you put the tape on.

Alex

Posted By: Ryan in China Re: I need a little help... - 01/12/03 06:22 AM
Awesome, thanks guys...

I feel I should add one thing...
The last few years I have smoke a lot of weed with my friends, and am aware that this can have varying effects on different people, especially when it comes to short-term memory. I feel that smoking wed has allowed me to see the world in a different light and is one of the reasons why I was open-minded enough to teach in China in the first place. I haven't smoked once since I've been here (6 months), and haven't desired to. I would love to get to the bottom of the problem at some point...

I will use the techniques provided above, as they seem fairly logical and as long as I blieve in and want change, it can happen.

By the way, Michael, I plan to attend a 10-day vipassana mediation getaway in Hong Kong on the 29th of this month, and I do teach young children, so I am around them all the time and it does help somewhat when I'm with them... I think we're on the same wavelength here...

Thanks again, Mike and Alex...

Bye for now...

Posted By: Joetrevis Re: I need a little help... - 01/12/03 04:21 PM
Also get one of Harry Loranyne memory books. I know a lawyer that loves the books so much he gives them away to his friends and clients free.

Good news you can get many of his books in a good library.

You life will never be the same when you learn his easy system that may help anyone.

I hope I helped

Posted By: bbarclay6 Re: I need a little help... - 01/13/03 06:20 AM
Smile. This always helps you relax. Try hard to smile all the time. I know your having a difficult time and are having a memory laps, but try to try hard to smile. This will help your memory I promise. It will also help you thoughout the day. People will see you as a happier person. You will feel better and will remember more. I can send you this document if you send me your email address. Alexk sent it to me. It's a great document and is very insightful on why we lose are memory. If you have the photoreading tapes. One thing they tell you is to relax and smile.Smiling I beleive relaxes the mind. Which in this document that I'll send you explains why taking the stress off will help you remember.

Posted By: AlexK Re: I need a little help... - 01/12/03 07:40 PM
The Memory loss article and the other two that I wrote are available to anyone who would like a copy. Just drop me an email which ones you would like.

Memory Loss During Exams.
Asking questions
Note Making

Alex

Posted By: Ryan in China Re: I need a little help... - 01/13/03 01:14 AM
Thanks again, guys...

I really do appreciate the feedback you've given me.

Thanks,Joetreveis. I will definately look into Harry Loranyne's books and tapes...

Thanks,bbarclay6. I fully understand why it's so important to smile and stay positive. And that's one thing that I do all the time. I'm a very positive person - always trying to find the bright side of things - and it has helped me in so many ways, but unfortunately not with my memory.

And thanks, AlexK. I would love to have all three articles you've written. I'll send you an e-mail.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement