Posted By: mathematician Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/22/03 08:40 AM
I ran into this site http://www.secretsofhypnosis.com/1/?code=hyprev221

and was wondering does it really work?

I have photoreading and im sure it really works but i kinda need it to work quickly as i have limited time.

Posted By: mathematician Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/22/03 08:42 AM
I have a huge problem in laziness/energy.

I always feel so tired to study but am always thinking about it. I talk about it every second but dont do nearly as much as i should.
I really need to solve this problem
Thanks. Mathematician...

Posted By: Edgar Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/22/03 04:45 PM
Uh...

You could go to the library and get some books on hypnosis, use the syntoptic reading portion of PR and then see if that helps.

Of course, those books might take you longer than 10 minutes, but you'll have to wait for shipping.

I would also suggest sticking with one thing, rather than to keep looking for new and better systems, which will end up with you paying a whole lot of money and never getting into anything that works.

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/22/03 08:42 PM
PR takes time to understand. As for lazyness and larthargy... Exercise more, swim for an hour and come back, take a nap. Then wake up and do stuff. Often times mental fatigue is due to physical fatigue. When you solve problems in math, do you sound out the numbers in your head? Or do you just see the problem and a answer pops out?

Chang Liu

Posted By: Iam2 Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 12:22 AM
Chang, Mathematician has been around for a long time. He's just not been active on the board for a while. I suspect he can do the synoptic reading.

Oooops did I say synoptic instead of syntopic.

Iam2

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 01:23 AM
Mathematician,

The answer to your challenge is simple.

The secret is to subtract from one's life instead of adding.

This story is from one of Howard Vernons' books.

One day, a traveller was walking the country side. He had in one hand a brick, in another a rock, a sack of earth on his back, vines wrapped around his waste which were connected to a pumpkin on his head.

While traveling, a villager pointed out to the traveller about the rock in his hand. He never really noticed it, so he discarded it.

While continueing to travel to another village, another villager pointed out to the traveller about the brick in his hand. He never really noticed it, so he discarded it.

This continued until nothing remained attached to the traveller. What the traveller did notice was how much lighter and better he felt after all the things which were weighing him down were brought to his attention.

Life is like that, we carry so much baggage that it starts to rob us of our energy. Your baggage seems to be your constant thinking about it. With depleted energy what's the one thing you instinctively do? That's right, nothing!

You seem so overwhelmed, take a break, stand back from everything, find yourself and go at life again once you have re-energized yourself!

LLL

Michael Saikali

Posted By: AlexK Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 05:33 AM
mathematician

HSC deadline looming and last couple of exams to pull up your grades?

Give yourself more options. You don't have to be able to photoread to get passing grades.

Go back to your teachers and get them to help you learn what they are teaching. Tell them you're not getting it. Ask them what you should be studying / focusing on. Get them to tell you "how" to learn it.

Yes knowing self hypnosis would help... Now consider this. Book learning isn't your strongest point. If it were you would be going through your courses with ease. So it is highly unlikely that you will learn hypnosis from a book before you improved your book learning skill. You'd be adding an excuse to further procastinate on your studies about. (I have to learn this first and then I can do my assignments) Frankly you haven't got the time.

For the same amount of money you can purchase a tape which, for you, could be a more productive option. There are plenty on the market. You can even find them in book shops. Alernatively you could get the Get Around To It paraliminal... to get motivated into "doing" your studies not just thinking about it.

Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger are also excellent paraliminals for learning, both for photoreading and studies in general.

Quite honestly I believe that these will get you further than trying to learn hypnosis from a book.

Since being able to be relaxed while learning helps with learning, play baroque music while studying or even Mozart (strings apparently are best). Even nature sounds can help.

If you want to use photoreading there is only one thing you need to remember.

There are 5 steps to photoreading and you apply them in the sequence given.

1. Prepare.
2. Preview.
3. Photoread.
4. Activate (multiple passes)
5. Rapid Read (if required)

If you are a 'white belt'(new to photoreading) in photoreading you do each step, the only thing to 'get right' is doing each step as best your can. If you are a 'red, green, or yellow belt' in photoreading, you still apply the 5 steps - to the best of your ability.

Trying to find short cuts to learning cost you more time than using the tools you already have and getting on with it and getting it done. You add new 'tools' when you have the time near the beginning of a project to experiment with them.

Alex

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 06:13 AM
hmmmmm...

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited February 23, 2003).]

Posted By: AlexK Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 11:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chang Liu:
I have Chinese Belt, HA! Or the "Ha Humbug AlexK" belt. Shortcuts does hurt... But sometimes when you don't have all your material with you when you PR you are forced to shortcut... Like mental mindmap and trigger word with some simple activation.

Your quest to have AlexK praise you is pathetic, considering how much of my time it took to get you to even read the book! You contacted me through msn on the 17th January having claimed then to have already have done so!

I've politely ignored the fact that you have been parroting advice that I have given you as if it was your personal experience (the next day).

Frankly your lame attempt to disguise your insults in humour doesn't impress me. I must admit you are considerably less insulting to me on the forum than you have been in the chats. As to why I even tolerated them in the chats to teach you to photoread because you couldn't be bothered even to read the book... I have my reasons.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited February 23, 2003).]

Posted By: LongTimeReader Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 11:45 AM
Now boys...

AlexK, easy there kiddo. Do you realise how silly that last post sounds? Whining that someone else is passing along the advice you gave them... come on. Chang Liu's obvious attempts to take the **** out of you are pathetic in themselves, but dignifying them with a reply is just antagonizing.

If you two have a tiff this isn't the place to air it.

I know I know... I'm sure you feel like you contribute enough to the board to deserve a little liberty so you can retort, but it only takes away from your credibility in my book.

OK. Enough said... please move along.

Posted By: JJWjr Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 05:10 PM
longtimereader,

I know I know... I'm sure you feel like you contribute enough to the board to deserve a little liberty so you can retort, but it only takes away from your credibility in my book.

No credibility lost from my vantage point.

Posted By: An0therN00b Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 05:53 PM
to be honest, until i read that post stateing that he had just now read the book, i thought he was an experienced Phreader. I was kinda shocked....

And the truth comes out...

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/23/03 07:13 PM
Hmmmm again.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/24/03 12:47 AM
I think Alex has every right to complain.

Alex's insight into the learning process is incredibly interesting, and comes from his personal experience and studying. This means a couple things:

1) Intending to say that someone else's work is your own is plagiarism. This includes paraphrasing their ideas without proper credit. If someone plagiarized me, I would be upset, AND I would have a right to complain.

2) If Alex had the intention of communicating his ideas or articles to the forum, and didn't because someone else posted it as their own work, then we, the audience, are getting second rate, filtered information from a second source, rather than a clear and well-structured article from the true creator. This means that Alex's intentions of HELPING an audience are diminished because someone else wants to appear knowledgable.

3) The biggest one of all: If Alex is compiling this information in the hopes of creating a study guide or a book that would enter the market as a learning resource, and DIDN'T want it posted on the forum because he wished to market this resource, then someone is destroying a tangible financial asset that belongs to Alex.

Chang Liu, nothing personal, but if this is true (and I don't see why Alex would lie), then just stop doing it.

Alex, no credibility lost in my eyes either, despite what LongTimeReader may believe.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Posted By: kmc12345 Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 06:05 AM
While I don't post much, I read fairly frequently.

I simply want to reiterate that no credibility is lost by AlexK in my view either.

Posted By: LongTimeReader Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 02:43 AM

razordu30 -
1. "Plagiarism" - Come on! If the truth really be known almost anything and everything (aside from personal anecdotes) that's posted on here is either directly from the book, the tapes or the seminar. Yes, everything. These aren't _our_ original ideas. They're the ideas of Paul the 79 people that he cites in his bibliography. We add value through our experiences, NOT by repeating what's stated in the book.

2. "Watered down version" - We're not getting a watered down version of AlexK's. In fact, simply look at most of his posts and you'll realise that although they're helpful, they're also redundant. This isn't his fault, being that the same questions keep popping up, but to be honest he's not posting _new_ info most of the time. Just the same info repeatedly. In fact, he understands this and sometimes refers back to posts previously made.

3. "Tangible Financial Asset" - This one is a stretch. If AlexK had these plans then he should let people know it and ask them to behave accordingly. You don't give out your 'secret' recipe to strangers then act shocked that they tell someone.

AlexK, nothing personal, and maybe JJWjr, razordu30 and kmc12345 are right. Your credibility as pertaining to your ability to PR probably hasn't been damaged. More bluntly and obviously less diplomaticly - your response was childish and I was suprised that it came from you after reading it.

Chang Liu - I hope you're satisfied. Obviously you don't understand what you're talking about and yet you've pulled the wool over some people's eyes thanks to AlexK's help.

------
As for mathematician's issue with laziness and being tired. The key is finding out _when_ is the right time for you to study and focus on important tasks.

Some people are mentally sharper and alert in the morning just after waking up. Others are at their peak at 11:00 at night. If you're a morning person make sure that you schedules classes, study sessions, or meetings to coincide with that cycle.

The key is being self aware, noticing these patterns in your daily life and adjusting your behaviors/actions accordingly. This applies to anything that you do.

For the record, no that wasn't an original thought. I've picked that little tidbit of advice up from various resources.

Posted By: youngprer Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 04:54 AM
I know about Chang Liu. AlexK has every right to say what he said, because it's the truth. Chang Liu did repeat one of my posts, and while AlexK is giving out the same information over and over, people are also asking the SAME EXACT QUESTIONS. And the same answers always seem to help them.

Even Dana, you'll find, can get repetitive, in the advice that he gives to PhotoReading beginners. All I can say, though, is - it works! What's your point if it's redundant in your opinion? If it works, it works! I repeat myself in my posts, too. I do it because there's really not too much of another way to do it.

Given the limited information about people that you're given simply by a small amount of text on a public forum, it's hard to make accurate judgements as to what special advice may be right for them.

I'm sorry, but I stand by AlexK.

And it's FUNNY how Chang Liu edited, and practically deleted all of his post that AlexK commented on, and it shows that he edited it.

It's also funny how LongTimeReader is a junior member. Just curious...

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited February 24, 2003).]

Posted By: razordu30 Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 08:23 AM
Hooray for retorts!

"If the truth really be known almost anything and everything (aside from personal anecdotes) that's posted on here is either directly from the book, the tapes or the seminar."

That's true. Alex's subjective advice to mathematician about getting tapes instead of buying the hypnosis book, his opinion against using shortcuts, and the martial arts belt analogy are all on Tape 7A of the photoreading learning series. Scheele says, "By the way, if you use the handle Mathematician on the message board, and you ever come across a book entitled 'The Secrets of Hypnosis', be sure to get a paraliminal instead."

You're right, I totally forgot that. It's right after the part where he says, "LongTimeReader hasn't read the board very well, and doesn't realize most of the posts are from personal experience, and deal with advice, not paraphrasing my system."

"We add value through our experiences, NOT by repeating what's stated in the book."

Right again. Alex added value through his experience. You're picking up!

"We're not getting a watered down version of AlexK's. In fact, simply look at most of his posts and you'll realise that although they're helpful, they're also redundant."

What does redundancy and watering down of a message have to do with each other? One is from AlexK's personal experience, the other is paraphrased from AlexK's personal experience. One person understands what he's saying, the other is filtering what they've heard. One is unique, the other is watered down. What are you talking about?

"If AlexK had these plans then he should let people know it and ask them to behave accordingly."

This is true. From now on, whenever anybody from the forum asks my advice on a topic I may eventually write about, I will have them electrically sign a confidentiality agreement, discuss the terms of our conversation and their litigious aspects, as well as have them initial, in several places, a contract which makes clear in legalise what both parties would consider copyright infringement. That, or I'll say you're an idiot, and continue helping people, trusting they won't be jerks about it.

"Your credibility as pertaining to your ability to PR probably hasn't been damaged."

That's right. This is the part of the post where you admit you're obviously wrong since so many of us are siding with Alex on this on.

"More bluntly and obviously less diplomaticly - your response was childish and I was suprised that it came from you after reading it."

Actually, getting peeved that you helped someone out after that same person takes your advice and pretends its his own would get any person upset. I don't think anybody here but you thinks it was childish.

For the record, no that wasn't an original thought. I've picked that little tidbit of advice up from various resources.

That was childish. Also, it differs from Alex's advice to Mathematician which was subjective, and yours, which, as you say, is based on various resources. Alex's was an original opinion. Yours wasn't.

"Chang Liu - I hope you're satisfied. Obviously you don't understand what you're talking about and yet you've pulled the wool over some people's eyes thanks to AlexK's help."

This is EXACTLY what I mean by watering down. The experienced people (for the record) noticed the advice wasn't really that great, and the people who aren't experienced trusted that he WAS, and received advice that would have been better given by the original person.

No matter how you slice it, Chang took Alex's advice, and posted it on the forum as his own. Despite all semantics, this is what he did: it's at the very least an underhanded thing to do, and I, for one, totally sympathize with Alex on this. I'm sure most people agree, except for you, which is probably in some way related to the concept that most of us have already concluded that you are probably Chang.

I still have my reservations, since you make more sense than he does.

Oh, and before you mount what will inevitably be a response, keep in mind I have no shame in being childish in an internet flame. It's nothing personal. Oh wait, it is.

Thumbing his nose at you,

Posted By: mathematician Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 10:33 AM
I have not lost faith in photoreading and thankyou Alex, i will consider getting the
Get Around To It paraliminal... and maybe personal genius(have memory supercharger).

"Your baggage seems to be your constant thinking about it. With depleted energy what's the one thing you instinctively do? That's right, nothing!" Good point lol

Thankyou all for replying.

Posted By: razordu30 Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 11:03 AM
Thanks for getting us back on track, Mathematician =).

Oh, btw, I bought that self-hypnosis book.

Sorry, but I hated it. =(

However, I have experience with NLP, read User's Manual for the Brain, and I've seen hypnotism done a couple times already. For me, there was no new info. Save the cash, and if you're really interested in this stuff, I would save up for "The User's Manual for the Brain" or just look around the internet for info on hypnotism.

I should also note the thing I was most looking for in this document (yes, I call it a document, and not a book, or even an e-book; 34 pages is not a book, especially if it's still a word document when I download it), was a lot of scripts. This did not have what I was looking for.

If you're in it for self-improvement, I'm going to agree with Alex on this one; don't bother with that web page, because all it does (after $20 bucks, I might add) is get you on your way to possibly making a paraliminal that will most likely bite the big one, when you could just buy the New Behavior Generator from LSC, which, albeit more than $20, is much better for the application you described.

So yeah, I feel like I just got ripped off, basically. =)

PS - Just to clarify, I'm not blaming you for posting the link; I knew I was risking $20 and made the decision to buy it myself. I just realized it may have sounded like I was blaming you, and I'm totally not.
PPS - I tried to e-mail you (mathematician) and it bounced back...please e-mail me at razor@ramon.com; I just wanna talk to you about something.

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited February 25, 2003).]

Posted By: AlexK Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/25/03 12:30 PM
You got the memory supercharger? Great.

It's not exactly intended for this but a memory is a memory. Positive memories bring about positive feeling and positive motivators. Negative feeling usually cause procastination.

You have postive memories of times when you really got wrapped up with studying and it really worked. (yes they may seem few and far between and even outnumbered by the flops ) You probably even have memories of successes with photoreading (no matter how small).

So when you use your Memory Supercharger tell yourself 'I remember all the positive/motivating experiences had in relation to studying (photoreading) and I recall these whenever I am due to study (photoread).

Recalling positive past event reinforces those events and makes it easier to deal with the procastination bug. While you're waiting for the Get Around To It, New Behaviour Generator or Personal make use of the one tape that you have. Memory is memory and paraliminals work best when you state a clear purpose for playing them. So try using it to remember your success to help you get motivated.

Alex

Posted By: razordu30 Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/26/03 06:26 AM
Chang,

The forum has had a harsh reaction because, to be frank, you've been getting under a lot of people's skins. The first one I remember is when you inadvertantly insulted Flow, which was around the time you made me upset about something. Apparently you managed to tick off AlexK (who I've rarely seen get mad on the forum), and I remember some caustic exchanges with you and YoungerPrer (younger"prep").

"I'm sure he'll have a good time learning PR while everyone seemly mocks him."

Nobody here mocks someone because they're new. Nobody here really MOCKS anybody. In fact, I think after you made a pretty insulting comment to Flow, another person did mock you, and Flow, the person you insulted, noted that the mocking was really rude. Mocking only really happens as an additional jab in what's most likely already a mean-spirited post (like what I do).

"But I just find it intriguing that all the excellence people have dignity to all team up and remark on one statement."

People DO react when someone does things that are making a lot of people upset. Seriously, if you manage to get four different board veterans upset about lots of different things, that's a bad sign. It's not because you're new, or even completely about what happened in this thread; it's because you're doing something.

"You are pretty harsh to statements that you disagree on. Looking at your prior posts, it's you help others then you kill others."

Yeah, this is true. I get very defensive with myself and for my friends. I believe I may have the record for the amount of threads deleted in this forum due to my exploding flaming habits. Some may remember one thread that had something like 200 posts. But I stand my ground that though sometimes harsh, I always try to remain appropriate.

"But for now, I quit this forum on further posts until I learn PR well enough to post again."

That's not the point. No one here wants you to leave because you don't know the system well enough. In fact, the problems people are having with you has nothing to do with PRing. People are upset because they see you as rude, and while a lot of the time I've felt most conceptions were just misunderstandings, I'm sure there are several occasions where YOU drove OTHER people off with this attitude (I remember one incident where you told people not to come on the forum until they learned the system first).

Chang, nobody wants you to leave. They just want you to not be a jerk. You obviously want to help people, and this is commendable, but helping people doesn't have to involve pretending to be experienced when you're not. Helping people on a forum involves something as simple as giving advice based on your own experience. Most of the time giving this advice will make YOU better at the system.

Faking this experience just hurts everybody, including yourself.

You can learn a lot from these forums, and I've heard of a couple people that managed to learn the entire system using just clever navigation of it. It's a valuable resource, and it would be stupid to give it up.

I suggest you stay, and just try to be nicer. Isn't that a feasible option? I think your intentions are ultimately good and that you want to help people, but just watch how you act towards others.

You're a really good person with really bad manners. Clean up one, and the other will shine through.

In short: Don't be a jerk. You're better than that, man.

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/26/03 06:58 AM
Thanks man, I didn't know I was appreciated here. But to further my helping of others and recieving help, I think I should get some experience with the system first. So far I PRed around 8books and activating them as we speak. But I think I'll be more helpful if I get around activating 50 and then coming back to use my concious gains to help others.

brb in about a few weeks, PR+school+social life all needs to be worked on.

Chang Liu

Posted By: Arthur Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/26/03 05:23 AM
Dude,
Chang, calm down, don't try to act like a know-it-all when you just learned the system.

You ARE appreciated here, just not your rude comments

Posted By: youngprer Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/26/03 12:36 PM
I think we got it settled, Arthur. Thanks.

-youngprer

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/26/03 03:45 PM
sorry for the repiption, but I will see you guys all in about a few weeks.

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: Secrets of Hypnosis! - 02/27/03 06:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chang Liu:
sorry for the repiption, but I will see you guys all in about a few weeks.

Chang,

Use these tips, and you'll speed up how quickly
you master the basics of PhotoReading:

-- Prepare, Preview, PhotoRead, & fully
activate 12-15 books that you have not read
yet but want to read. Do this over a period of
3-4 weeks.

-- Use every technique in the 5-step system of
PhotoReading. Your goal is to master each
indivudual technique. Within 12-15 books, most
of them become automatic.

-- Use the Mind Map on page 68 of the little
blue PhotoReading book as a guide. It lays out
the whole process and all of the techniques on
their own branches.

See, the PhotoReading whole mind system
is a whole "bundle" of what are called
"accelerated learning techniques"
that, when used together, will speed up
how quickly you learn and comprehend
any type of printed material, anywhere
from 3 to 18 times faster than the time
it takes to learn and comprehend with
regular old reading, one word at a time,
from beginning to end.

For example, if you have a book that
is going to require you spend 10 hours
regular reading and studying it to
comprehend it fully, when you finish
the PhotoReading course it will only
take you 2-3 hours. And, you will
comprehend the entire book better,
with deeper understanding and better
retention.

For students in high school and/or
college, it also works especially
well for helping you draw out more
correct answers during exams.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement