Posted By: Kristoff Olafsson Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 02/27/03 10:37 PM

Hey Hagbard. Does the name RAW mean anything to you?

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 02/28/03 12:13 AM
Leave wrestling out of this!

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 02/28/03 01:23 AM
Blah...

Posted By: Kristoff Olafsson Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 02/28/03 02:21 AM

Wrestling?! RAW is a nick-name for the author Robert Anton Wilson. His name, Hagbard Celine, appears in several of RAW's writings, I was curious if this forum participant had read anything of his.
K.O. (M.O.R.I.F.S.)

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 02/28/03 07:44 PM
i was jk (only my bf understands my dumb humour)....

thanks for the answers to my image streaming questions
good luck with urs!

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 02/28/03 07:56 PM
mistake : "accepts" , not understands

Posted By: Kaiden Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 03/03/03 03:11 AM
Are you sure we're not siblings?

I was explaining to my girlfriend the concept of telegraphing punchlines. I used the dumbest joke I could think of.

"I tried to get onto the Oreo website, but I couldn't. Do you know why that was?"

The punchline is so obvious, it's not even worth mentioning.

At any rate, H.C. is the representation of Wilson in his fiction. Hagbard Celine, Harry Cline, etc. I think he might give it away in the Shroedinger's Cat trillogy. Wilson is the greatist philosopher I know, because his work is on epistomology, almost to the exclusion of everything else. It's not quite the radical skepticism of Descartes, but it does constantly raise the question, "why do you think that?" His art comes in challenging unchallengable assumptions.

Posted By: astrowill Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 03/03/03 04:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kaiden:
"I tried to get onto the Oreo website, but I couldn't. Do you know why that was?"

The punchline is so obvious, it's not even worth mentioning.

Don't do this to me. What's the punchline? Is it that you left out the "dot cream," or what? It's killing me.

Posted By: An0therN00b Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 03/03/03 05:27 AM
Yeah, for those of us to whom certain things are not always so obvious...

Posted By: Kristoff Olafsson Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 03/04/03 01:03 AM

Kaiden, I've violated my promise to leave because I'm intrigued to have found another RAW fan. Perhaps some people think that I'm now communicating to myself under a separate identity, that's wonderful RAW spirit don't you think? We should email concerning RAW and his ideas, no? At the risk of becoming a RAW disciple- not that thats the worst thing possible-- I'd say our Guerilla Ontology is succeeding. Maybe the other Forumites will catch on and experience illumination themselves.
K.O. "Master Trickster and Mask-Addict"

Posted By: Kaiden Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 03/04/03 11:55 AM
I couldn't get to Oreo's website because my browser wasn't set to accept cookies. Let the growning now commence.

I'm going to do another edit of my Epistomology chapter to show new data - the multiple subcircuits of the third circuit and the idea that the fifth circuit is not "euphoria" so much as it is "hyperstimulation." http://www.geocities.com/lochlyn/flame.zip. If you're familier with RAW, then the epistomology chapter may look like a straighforward plagerism.

My favorite Robert Anton Wilson quote, as it applies to PhotoReading, "You need to learn more about everything, including learning how to learn more."

Posted By: Hagbard Re: Off topic: Hagbard Celine... - 04/16/03 10:39 PM
Sorry it took so long to answer this. I haven't been on the forum to even read in about a month or two. In the midst of military PCS'ing, for those who know what that means
YES, RAW does mean something to me. I used the name Hagbard because the character of Hagbard Celine from The Holy Trilogy really appealed to me. I like the idea of having my own submarine and travelling wherever i want.

Well...
I will check this later on. Sorry for the timing.
CIAO
Hagbard (BP)

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement