Posted By: Buggasham *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 02:35 AM
Well no one has asnwered my old post so I am posting a new thread! I need help memorizing a menu, all the items and ingredients each item has. Can anyone give me some tips on what I can do to help remeber?????? Any suggestions at all? Plz I am desperate!

- Buggasham

Posted By: Chang Liu Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 03:23 AM
see the words, say the words. Don't say no, say know.

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited February 27, 2003).]

Posted By: Mastermind Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 03:37 AM
layer it, memorize in 30 min blocks, mind map, find connections between meals and link those between main branches of the mind map... make many different versions of the mind map, never settle for what you have, after afew tries you should have many of the meals and all the stuff that comes with them memorized.

Posted By: Arthur Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 05:24 AM
Although something I normally wouldn't suggest, perhaps you should try memory techniques, try Harry Lorrayne's book "The Memory Book," or any of his stuff. Check google.

Also, maybe you could try to think of or watch the making of the individual items on the menu. That would definately help with the ingredients. Better yet, if possib`le, make/cook the items yourself.

Posted By: AlexK Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 05:38 AM
I suggest you first look at the categories of the menus. eg main, sides, deserts drinks etc. Altenatively mentally number them page 1 page 2 page 3 etc.

Create a mind map with one of the categories in the middle then draw the titles of each menu item (note how many there are for that category) draw quirky images that will help trigger the recall of those menu items. Next stage pick the easiest menu items to add the ingredients to the mind map. I suggest you make up a story to help link/remember the ingredients, funny, rude or outrageous will help you to remember it better. Remember to get visual. If your story goes something like the lettuce kissed the mayo then in your minds eye that animated lettuce is probably wearing the red lipstick and has long eyelashes to boot.

Depending on the number of categories you'll have one mind map for each (it will help you to visually recall the images you created as well as reading the information)

As suggested do it in stages. First concentrate on learning the names of the menu items in each category and then the ingredients. Avoid building the mind maps all in one go. Do a bit for each... coming back to look at it again helps to aid your memory. When you build up the ingredients look at tackling them in groups of three... putting the mind map aside for at least 10 minutes before you work on the next lot. It will probably pay to build the mind maps over a period of a few days if possible.

Alex

Posted By: Iam2 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 02:07 PM
For each course see a table with all the selections on it.

For ingredients, you must know the item. See it, taste it, know what each ingredient does to the flavour, what it does to the eating experience.

Can you tell I Seldom memorize things for the just for the sake of remembering them.
However I recognize the importance of the number and the effort required to generate it to that precision. Well the effort before that last few decades.

Posted By: Mastermind Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 05:58 PM
3.141592653589793238462643383176502 .... from memory, I made it into a song, I used to have more, but I havent done the song in sooo long.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited February 28, 2003).]

Posted By: razordu30 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 06:58 AM
I had Pi down to a thousand digits at one time...it's pretty easy if you use pseudonumerology:
http://www.pseudonumerology.com

It's a great system, but not as useful as it sounds, because if you really need to memorize a number, you could just write it down.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 07:48 PM
using any type of innuendos
also, instead of free association use "action" with the term.
U can take the different syllables of the word that needs to be memorized, and create a story with words that sound similar- as long as u use "action" so ur subconscious will know it right away.
good luck

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 07:52 PM
this always works for me...
and now that i have actually attempted studying somewhat, i usually remember the term right away with this method.

if u dont understand what the hell i am talking about, let me know.

Posted By: Buggasham Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 02/28/03 10:34 PM
First off Rflow I don't know what you are talking about . Umm I sorta combined all your ideas and it is working but slowly. I can't cook every item, that would be too costly and time consuming. I have drawn every item on the starter, soup and salad menu and then I drew every ingredient on them. I seem to be able to remeber most of the ingredients that way but I miss one or two per item. Well I am only on The salads and I have to do 12 more sub menus and I am only on submenu 3and I have been working on it for about 3 days and I only have untill tuesday to know them all! Yikes.. Well I am hoping the proccess will speed up for me. I am being as envolved with the engrediants as possible. I am saying them, visualizing them and drawing them. Thanks for your posts any addition help would be great!

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 12:00 AM
yeah, buggasham
i was in a hurry i didnt have time to give examples- sorry
but good luck
my friend just started waitressing and the technique i mentioned really helped her
-she got 80% on her test on the menu +ingredients.

Posted By: andy_* Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 12:13 AM
bugs, how could u not understand what she was talking about??

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 12:15 AM
I am now officially off this forum!
BYE!!!
this is my last post.

Posted By: Buggasham Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 03:36 AM
Yeah, Dave and Andy.. actually I have an IQ of 78 which is mentaly slow. Why does it matter to you wether I understand or not? Both of you are new to the forum (if not the same person!) So don't post in the future unless you have something postive to say or add to the thread. - an idiot who admits being an idiot is wiser than the fool who claims to be wise. This is also MY last post on this forum.

- Chip chip cherio

Posted By: Arthur Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 05:17 AM
Honestly, guys, calm down. Don't take it so harsh. Buggasham and Rflow21, Dave90 and andy_* are being stupid, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us are.

Buggasham, if you're interested check out ImageStreaming @ http://www.winwenger.com it improves your IQ.

Posted By: AlexK Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 06:58 AM
Some examples that might help you with your memorising..

Salad... Sailor lad, wearing a lettuce bib, cucumber shoes, tomato earings mopping the deck with a parsley mop.

Cashews... imagine chewing on cash or wearing shoes made out of cash.
Carrot... car rotting,

Ceasor salad dressing... ceasor standing stark naked getting dressed up with salad assortments.

Smoked salmon- fish smoking a cigarette.

The above is a play on words. The idea is to let go and have fun with learning it. Remember to review each list for 3 to 5 minutes checking how well you remember from time to time. Anything that you don't remember you just need ot improve the image and sound effects, a squeeze of lemon could well be an image of a lemon sneezing as a hand squeezes it hear the loud sneeze in your imagination as well. Allow it to build, you'll find that once you got the foundation you'll be able to remember the other stuff easier.

If you get frustrated while trying to learn the menu... get up, get yourself a glass of water, go outside and do some deep breathing exercises to relax yourself (just breathe ). Then when you feel relaxed return to your project. As for the water... feel free to drink it anytime.

Alex

Posted By: Buggasham Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 05:25 PM
You are right Arthor I am being stupid. I was just stressed yesterday. Well right now I am on the kids menu and then I have to do the desserts so I am practicly done! Best thing to do is relax, see it say it hear it write it. It works best for me anyways. Well I don't really have an IQ of 78 and I am not really interested in boosting it either but I do know something very intersting about IQ tests! Enstien's intellegence quiz. He claims that only 2 percent of the world's population can solve it putting whoever solves it in the 98 percentile of the world. Means there's only about 250 million who can solve it and there would only be like 5 people in the whole united states. Well I solved it and I think it is a bunch of bunk myself.. it only requires a bit of time to think it through. Try it, I don't know of anyone else who has solved it. Post back IF and when you solve it! here is the link to the quize site: http://www.cba.uiuc.edu/broker/iq.htm

It took me 16 mins to solve, how about you?

Posted By: Arthur Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 09:11 PM
Did it in about 25 mins. or so and I supposedly have an IQ of 150 Very hard I must say, but rewarding if what Einstein said is true.

Posted By: Buggasham Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/01/03 09:55 PM
Aurthor, welcome aboard. You are one of the 250 million of 6 billion. You are in the 98 percentile . I don't believe in IQ tests. I was tested at 176 at Phoneix univerity when I was 14. Oh yeah I am defiently a super genius! Naw all that stuff is a load of bunk. I can't say for certian but I do believe Enstien was wrong. Even judging against the world's population when Enstien wrote the quiz I would say about 70% CAN solve it. Anyone with the average IQ of 100 or +. Well congrats on solving it anyways... you are at LEAST normal if not above normal.

Posted By: Rflow21 Re: *PLZ HELP* PLZ! - 03/02/03 05:38 AM
yes arthur, i am being stupid because dumb creeps are always defending me on this forum and sending me "interesting" email just because i am a model (among 8 million other ones).

i wasnt mad at bugghasman
but andy needs help and so does dave.
I was just trying to help someone out
Whatever.

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement