Posted By: Iam2 fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 10:28 AM
I recently responded to a PR question emailed to me and have since recieved some jumk mail to my account. It may be coincidence, but someone might be using the message to see if the email address they've gathered from the forum are active.

The message asked for help with seeing both pages and seeing the text clearly. Never mentioned soft focus or photofocus.

Just a warning.

Posted By: Michael Saikali Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 02:18 PM
IAM2,

Yeah, I received the same message.

Time will tell if I start getting spam mail. It's not like I don't receive it already.

I just let it enter and exit my universe!

LLL

Michael Saikali

Posted By: Xehupatl Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 02:56 PM
oh holy crap I got the same message ...

so much for being helpful ...

Posted By: jonah Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 03:06 PM
I recieved it too.

Posted By: bennypr2002 Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 03:16 PM
Add me to the list

Posted By: Arthur Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 07:54 PM
jonah, I wonder how they got your email address--not listed? Oh well, I hope they don't get me...

Posted By: jonah Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/12/03 09:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthur:
jonah, I wonder how they got your email address--not listed? Oh well, I hope they don't get me...

I used to have mine listed--I erased it a few weeks ago.

Posted By: Iam2 Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/13/03 01:57 AM
I'll see how much junk comes by. If I get annoyed, I'll change the account. It's setup just for PR emailing, and only a few people have used it and I can forward the new addy to each of them.

BTW, I just got the same message from 168 only this time I noticed a bunch of links down below a bunch of blank lines. Sheesh I spent 20 minutes typing an answer the first time.

Posted By: jonah Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/13/03 02:16 AM
I do not think that LSC is doing this, I tend to agree with Iam2, that someone is gathering addresses.

Posted By: not5150 Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/13/03 03:24 AM
Ok, this is too weird

I get questions from people from the forums... I usually answer them... but now I get TONS of spam coming into my email account. Started right after i answered some photoreading questions.

Im sure between us we can find the culprit... then i can throw him/her into the Black Hole list.

not5150 www.not5150.com

Posted By: Arthur Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/13/03 03:25 AM
I understand...I was kinda worried there for a while...

Posted By: Dana Hanson Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/13/03 02:39 PM
We get hit with the same garbage emails, everyday.

For the heck of it, I saved all of them during the whole month of March. On April 1st, I had over 1800 junk emails.

Posted By: kojo Re: fyi: possible spammers - 05/13/03 08:32 PM
everything reminds of monty python.

[This message has been edited by kojo (edited July 20, 2003).]

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement