Hi Dana & Forumites,

I am coming back into PR'ing after a couple years gap in between.

I am going through the Home study course. Got one question...

Paul said "see through the center of the book as if you had x ray vision" when he was talking about Step #3 i.e. Photoreading step of the process.

So does this mean the left eye sees through the horizontal and vertical center of the left page and the right eye does like wise on the right page? (without focussing on the page of course)

Or does this mean both eyes see through the crease of the book?

Or something else...

Where are the eyes supposed to see when you are about to start the photoreading step?

Please clarify...It seems like a small point but its bugging the hell outta me!

Thank You,
Bhavani

BJ,

I too was once concerned with mechanics until I realized to NOPS.

When it comes to Photofocus, the real secret is to have a sooofffffttt gaze.

As YoungPRer stated in another thread, the Natural Brilliance course and/or book does make for a great sequel to Photoreading. It really goes deeper into the 'why' ...

LLL

Michael Saikali

Posted By: mgrego2 Re: Paul Said See Through Center of Book... - 07/07/03 05:52 AM
Hello Bhavani,

In my experience, if both eyes were looking through the crease, I'd be crossing my eyes a bit. Probably not the desired situation. Instead, imagine that you are looking at something beyond the book. Do your best to forget that the book is between your eyes and whatever you are "seeing." If you can relax and do this, your visual field opens up and you get the soft gaze that Michael talked about.

For instance, sit with your feet propped up on a coffee table and the book resting on your legs. Rather than looking at the pages, focus your eyes so that you are "looking" at the portion of your feet that are hidden behind the book.

Hope this helps.

Posted By: AlexK Re: Paul Said See Through Center of Book... - 07/07/03 09:38 AM
He means if you were to look with your regular vision you would be looking at a spot that makes the center of a book. Yet with using photofocus you would be looking past that point so in you field of vision is both pages of the book.

You could look over the top or bottom edge of the book but Paul prefers to train you to look through the center right from the start because on some larger books looking over the top or bottom does not comfortably being all the text on both pages into your field of vision.

Personally I use left eye left page, right eye right page because thats where they land if I look through the center of the book

Alex

Posted By: x Re: Paul Said See Through Center of Book... - 07/07/03 11:48 PM
Alex is right. Left eye/left page and right eye/right page is the easiest way to do it.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Saikali:

As YoungPRer stated in another thread, the Natural Brilliance course and/or book does make for a great sequel to Photoreading. It really goes deeper into the 'why' ...

That's because Natural Brilliance was, according to Pete, I believe, originally going to be PhotoReading II.

-youngprer
geocities.com/doc5587
pub117.ezboard.com/btheworldofyoungprer

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement