Posted By: BingoMcJiggles Software? - 10/10/04 11:18 PM
Is there any software that is designed for photoreading e-books?

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Software? - 10/11/04 06:52 AM
Acrobat reader works fine as do html pages.

Alex

Posted By: Viral Re: Software? - 10/14/04 11:47 PM
About that. When photoreading a page online, should you constantly have your finger on the spacebar or press it every now and then.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Software? - 10/15/04 01:23 PM
The faster computers I notice have a knack of skipping pages entirely. My old P11 holding the space bar was fine because the computer drew each page at it's top speed. My P4 will skip 8 to 10 pages. I tap quickly.

Alex

Posted By: Gil Re: Software? - 10/15/04 02:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, does the font size matter?
if I can’t read the text because it is blurred, it might as well be small…

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Software? - 10/19/04 03:36 PM
If it is still letter form even though it is small that is just fine. If it gets that small that the computer cannot draw that they may as well be morse code, you can test how well you mind can decipher those dots and dashes.

Using the imaginary X technique you will find that the font can be PhotoRead well even though it is small enough that you would pull it within 3 inches of your face.

Work within your comfort zone.

Alex

Posted By: whiteeagle Re: Software? - 10/22/04 10:03 AM
I have used automatic option which the computer will display a page per second ... so that is 60 pages per minutes etc...

so are you telling me that if i press the bar, would it go more quickly? the more quicker the more faster I photoread the book?

If that is true ... I wonder if I have a purpose to read the book .. do I have to preview the book before photoreading?

Thank you

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Software? - 10/22/04 02:06 PM
Yes you can go quicker by hitting the page down or space bar.

1 page per second on the computer is as slow as flipping pages. The only reason we flip pages that slow is that it is just easier to seperate them at a steady pace.

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement