Posted By: cipherion PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 10:55 AM
Hi,
I heard Pete Bissonette say that he can read at 670,000 WPM!!!!!!!!!!!!! which is an ENORMOUS speed. He said that he was put on a TV show infront of a screen or so with flipping pages printed on it at a blazing speed, he took a test on the contents, and he scored over %70!!

How could this be possible?? He didn't even mention Activation or Rappid Reading the contents. And even if he did, how could he PhotoFocus and get the material into his o-t-concious mind at that speed?

Please tell us about a program to follow to get to (or even approch) his speed.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 11:43 AM
They asked him questions. That's how he managed to score 70%. Anyone can PhotoRead a book and answer multiple choice questions. Just guessing you would get about 46%. If you manage better or worse you are putting PhotoReading skills to work.

If you want to have the confidence at it that Pete has you need to PhotoRead 10 books a day for at least 3 months. Remember to activate fully at least one book per week.

Pete also says that consciously he doesn't know what he PhotoRead but as people ask him questions and he gives answers he gets to know what the book is about.

Alex

Posted By: thephotoreader Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 11:49 AM
Hi Alex ,

====================
If you want to have the confidence at it that Pete has you need to PhotoRead 10 books a day for at least 3 months. Remember to activate fully at least one book per week.
====================

Just curious ,

1. The same 10 books repeated every day ?

2. If one photoreads only one of these 10 books every week, what about the other 9?

Thanks !

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 11:51 AM
PhotoRead 10 books a day. means 10 different books where possible if you only have one then PhotoRead that one 10 times a day.

Activate one book per week it doesn't matter if you do or don't activate any of the other 69 books.

Alex

Posted By: thephotoreader Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 11:54 AM
Oh sorry ... I mistypes point 2 in my previous post.

I meant this :

If one activates only one book per week, what about the other 9 ??

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 11:57 AM
Like I said it doesn't matter about the other 69 books ... it's your choice if you want to activate more but activat fully at least one book a week.

Alex

Posted By: thephotoreader Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 11:58 AM
so if I understood right ,

I photoread 70 ( say different ) books in a week but activate only one of them. so now I have conscious awareness of only 1 of the 70 books I read.

This is ok because this exercise is just to make Photoreading a natural habit and not learn those 70 books. Once PRing is a well learnt habit , from then on I will activate every book I read ( of course if I need to ).

Am I right ???

Thanks .....

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:02 PM
Who says you don't get anything from those other 69 books? Or over a period of twelve weeks those 838 books that you didn't "manually" activate?

Alex

Posted By: cipherion Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:07 PM
Hi,

Is this what photoreading about?? Just answering questions? Won't I have concious awareness about what I PhotoRead??? That's weird! I thought that you just get the info you need, you don't always need to answer questions. You read technical manuals to use the info in it into your work, you read programming books to write computer programs, you read chemistry books to compose substances...etc. Isn't this all possible with PhotoReading?

Please correct me if I misunderstood the discussion.

Posted By: thephotoreader Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:10 PM
well Alex,

I still havent learnt PR yet. But just thinking about it , 800 + books is mind boggling. If one can get that much info in such a short period ... I mean the possibilities are limitless....

why 12 weeks , even if it takes 12 months . it is still a overkill...

forget 800 , even if I can get together the best books in my field of work ( must be around 100 or so ) and PR them in the next 6 months , and if I can get conscious awareness of the material , I will be the best in my field.

I sometimes feel it is too good to be true... he he ..

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:12 PM
Conscious awareness is what you get with activation.

What's the point of reading a book if you can't answer the questions about it. If you can't answer questions about it you can't put the information to use.

You know you can PhotoRead and activate one book a week in less time than PhotoReading ten books plus activating one. The question is what's your purpose?

If you want conscious awareness. You decide how much and then activate, manaully.

Alex

Posted By: thephotoreader Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:17 PM
========
You know you can PhotoRead and activate one book a week in less time than PhotoReading ten books plus activating one
======

Exacltly !

Alex , having said that ....sorry about this .. but I still dont understand the purpose of PRing 70 books a week and activating only one of them ... Y not read just 5 and activate all 5 ?? Whats the real purpose of 70 +1 ??

thanks !

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:27 PM
People wanting to experience spontaneous activation and having confidence at answering questions after just PhotoReading the book. It helps to build the body mind connection that makes room for spontaneous and faster activation.

Like I said what's your purpose? Pete outlined the 3 month strategy. If you activate 52 books a year and are happy with your activation and whether or not you experience spontaneous activation is not important to you then there is no point in PhotoReading 10 books a day for 3 months.

I do believe that doing it for a couple of weeks to a month will help you to make PhotoReading a habit. For that 3 to 10 books a day will work. 3 would be the minimum. 10 for sport, just to see what it's like.

Alex

Posted By: cipherion Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:31 PM
Well, this is a hot issue! 11 replies in less than 3 hours !!

Anyways, Alex, does this meen that if YOU ask yourself the questions, will your brain just prompt the answer "> ?!

And also, how accurate will be the answers you get from questions you're asked? If you read a complex book about logic, mathematics or history, with alot of equations and numbers, and the questions are not of true/false or MCQ type, but just (when was..., or how does, or explain...) type of questions, how good will you answer?

A third question that 670 * 10^3 wpm pete reads at, is this just about answering questions? If he manually activated those PRed material, what would be the net result? I aim to know what is the top limit of the PR on avarage.

Thx

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/04/05 12:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by cipherion:
Well, this is a hot issue! 11 replies in less than 3 hours !!

Anyways, Alex, does this meen that if YOU ask yourself the questions, will your brain just prompt the answer "> ?!

And also, how accurate will be the answers you get from questions you're asked? If you read a complex book about logic, mathematics or history, with alot of equations and numbers, and the questions are not of true/false or MCQ type, but just (when was..., or how does, or explain...) type of questions, how good will you answer?

A third question that 670 * 10^3 wpm pete reads at, is this just about answering questions? If he manually activated those PRed material, what would be the net result? I aim to know what is the top limit of the PR on avarage.

Thx

That has already been discussed on this thread.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005275.html

For claification Pete did not Read at 693,000 WPM. He PhotoRead 693,000 WPM.

Frankly I doubt that he ever had an interest in activating the Patents. Rest assured the books that he does activate he would score even better than 70% He is even able to discuss them. He doesn't have to wait until someone ask him questions.

The reason Pete PhotoRead the Patents at 693,000 a minute, just for the heck of it to see if it could be done.

These days PhotoReaders are able to get into the range of 100,000 to 150,000 wpm with the computer equipment readily avialable.

For the questions, How accurate... How accurate are you now with reading. It varies with every book, prior knowledge, interest in the subject, how you feel will all have an impact.

Now if you want to save time studying I suggest that you follow the steps. Ingnore Petes speed because you can only get that fast on a computer the best speed attainable with a book is about 60,000 WPM.

PhotoReading is a way of getting your reading done faster. I suggest you learn it and do it that way first. Getting through a book in 30-minutes and being able to discuss it at the end of 30-minutes is a real resource staying ahead in your field.

Alex

Alex

Posted By: Centauro-X Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/06/05 12:32 PM
I want to get better and better in Photoreading, so that I can apply it easily to my studies.
My question is: it's better to practise many times the 5 days test...or it's better the Pete's method?
Posted By: mrKrecik Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/06/05 04:17 PM
Hmmm... this discution is interesting.
I will join to it.
So I have quastions to Pete method:

1) Is this method for learn PR or for improve PR?

2) How much time should I wait between PR next book?

3) I will try to 10 PR one book because 10 diffrent books will be not possible. So what purpose should be for any book if I wan't to learn PR?

4) If I will try to active book at the and of the week and after that I will don't know what was in the book that activation is not complited?
And how much time shuld I spent on the activation time?

5) Should it be non-fiction books?

6) Should I only 10 PR book at day? Without any review etc.?

7) How should looks the activation time for this method? The same like as activation in "Whole mind"? Or diffriently?

Sorry for that much quastion.

mrKrecik

[This message has been edited by mrKrecik (edited September 06, 2005).]

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/06/05 04:56 PM
The 3 to 10 books a day is just to help build the body mind connection so to improve your chances of experiencing spontaneous activation sooner.

If you need to have the information for school or exams, use the 5 day test. That becomes your model for stuyding. You are much better off spending time on that if you are studying. Since the more you do it the faster and better you become.

Add to it mind mapping or another form of note making. Review that as part of your Preapare and PhotoRead step. So it becomes Prepare, Review, PhotoRead, Actiavate, Rapid read as a final step.

mrKrecik,

What's you're purpose? What are you trying to achive with all that?

Alex

Posted By: mrKrecik Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/06/05 06:24 PM
I can't understand your quastion.
What is my purpose? With what? PR?
I want to learn PR to learnig much faster etc.

For example: 5 day test I will read some non-fiction book. For example about electronics. So what should be my purpose? Try to learn PR?

Meaby could you write a 5 day test for this book? What should be my quastions (for activation step) etc.?

mrKrecik

Posted By: Centauro-X Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/06/05 09:34 PM
I couldn't understand one thing: when photoreading 10 books a day...Pete does also the preview and review, or only the PR step?
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/07/05 08:21 AM
PhotoRead. Only PhotoRead. To activte you apply all the steps to that book.

Alex

Posted By: Centauro-X Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/07/05 11:41 AM
Ok thank you. I'll photoread (only photoread) 10 different books a day and I'll do the five days test once a week. Should be ok.
Posted By: fritz10000000 Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/15/05 04:19 AM
I did this. It really helps. I also still have astounding results
I have a question (actually) two that may be obvious but I am not sure....

1) What is the 5 day test and how do I use it?

2) When using the 10 books/day we are utilizing the prior steps as well?

Thanks

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: PhotoReading at 670,000 wpm!!!! - 09/24/05 12:01 PM
Q1. Page 76 of the PhotoReading book 3rd Edition.

Q2. See my reply above. Answered the same question already askec.

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement