Posted By: yas1891 Activation - 12/23/05 05:45 PM
I am a newbie in photoreading, I think I can activate, but I need to go through the book over and over. I think if I read the book using speed reading, I can do the job much faster.
Is this the same process for all photoreaders? Do you need to go through a text over and over? or you will get what you want it your first pass?
Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/23/05 09:34 PM
Yas1891; Where is your purpose? Activation doesn't work when you don't have a purpose. You must have a purpose for activation to work. Speedreading is simply moving your eyeballs through the page rapidly. You do not have the other than conscious mind working with speedreading with photoreading you have both the other than conscious mind and conscious mind working together. I believe Alex may have mentioned something similar to what i said on a previous post.

What you asked about getting everything on your pass is the old, ineffective, inefficent way of reading i must get everything on the very first pass and i must have it all now. Very ineffective.

Layers it is all about layers. The mind and brain work best with layers. You get one layer when you preview another layer when you photoread another layer when you activate with superread and dip skittering, rapid read and mindmapping.You are better off with spending 20 minutes with a book take a 5 minute break do another 20 minutes take another 5 minute break and do another 20 minutes and 5 minute break instead of trying to do all 60 minutes all at the same time with no breaks. The mind works better with having a beginning a middle and a ending.

If you want tell us what type of books you are trying to activate so we can help you.
Photoread4me

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 12/24/05 12:17 AM
Thank you for your response.
The book I am reading is: People Skills by Robert Bolton. My purpose was to read this book and learn how to handle difficult ppl. I pulled out 30 triger word, did the mind map and photoread the book based on the 5 days plan. On the forth day, I started the activation process, I went through the book 5 times. But the book didnt come together. I can only remember what I dipped (the same as normal reading) no more. Is it the same for an experieced photoreader? or you just activate it with super reading?
Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/24/05 01:25 AM
Hi; when you pulled out 30 trigger words did you write questions for the trigger words?
Photoread4me
Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 12/24/05 04:56 AM
Yes I did, I even tried to mindmap them to find any relation between them. I think I am doing all of the steps one by one, but nothing yet. If one needs to go through a book over and over whats the point of photoreading? I am sorry, no offese but I dont get it.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 12/24/05 02:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by yas1891:
My purpose was to read this book and learn how to handle difficult ppl.

That doesn't really work as a purpose

How can you tell? Well, how will you know, when you know, what you want to know?

If you don't know when, where, how or why you need to know. Or even who you are going to tell about it or what. You don't have a purpose.

I'm going to learn how to handle difficult people so I can... example handle my boss (who) better during meeting (when) in his office (where)

So the activation isn't working because your purpose is passive. It doesn't help you in letting you know when you are done because you have not got an expected out come.

Alex

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 12/24/05 05:26 PM
Well, I have my very strong reason to know how to handle difficult people. I have to deal with an unreasonable indian guy every weekday. Is this enough?
Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/24/05 10:34 PM
yas1891; tell me what you think of this as a purpose. My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people. So what are the obstacles or roadblocks that stop the resolution of a problem. Is it lack of communication? Is it the person feels that the organization they are dealing with does not care whether their problem is resolved or not.

Does this help you? Do you see how i am getting very specific. I am wanting to know what causes these problems why the difficult person is feeling the way they do and what steps can i take to fix the problem so the difficult person understands that i really care about their problem and i want to come to a resolution to the problem.

Earlier in the post i had mentioned where is your purpose and Alex felt your purpose was very weak and let me share with you yas1891 as i shared before activation will not work without a purpose. You got to have a purpose. I have seen it time and time again where people are having problems with activation they photoread a book do not have a purpose and they do not understand why they are having problems activating.

I think my example of a purpose will help you. Also try this ask where are examples in the book that show a person coming to a solution with a difficult person. What happened during that situation? Did the person not interrupt the upset person? Did the upset person feel that the person working on the problem really cared about whether the problem was fixed or not? I think i have given you a lot to work with.Let me know what you think?
Photoread4me

Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/24/05 10:56 PM
"Well, I have my very strong reason to know how to handle difficult people. I have to deal with an unreasonable indian guy every weekday. Is this enough?". No you are not telling your mind what you want. Just telling your mind that you have a strong reason that is not telling your mind what you want to get from the book. I like the example of a purpose i gave you better because it is giving you specifics.

I might change my example of a purpose to this; What processes are occuring and what is happening when a person comes to a resolution with a difficult person. Let me know what you think.
Photoread4me

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 12/25/05 02:17 AM
Err, photoread4me you're offering nice suggestions for mind probing questions however I don't find

" My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people. "

Is still not a clear purpose. It lacks the "So I Can..."

yas1891 has actually got a very good hidden purpose reach a specific goal. To handle, learn to live with, to survive certain behaviours of, someone, who to them is unreasonable and they have no other option than to be around them.

So a purpose statement can be

I am reading this book on "People Skills by Robert Bolton" so I can learn specific ways to so survive my weekdays with this problem person.

The second suggestion is a question (not a purpose) "What processes are occuring and what is happening when a person comes to a resolution with a difficult person"...? Great for mind probing and a good place to start activation when you've recognised the purpose; So yas1891 (I) can find ways of handling, surviving, communicating with, etc, this difficult person.

Alex

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 12/25/05 02:28 AM
Photoread4me & Alex, thank you both. I will try to activate using the new purpose.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/25/05 06:10 AM
Alex; My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people so I can learn specific ways to handle my interaction with this difficult person. Does that sound like a purpose to you?
Photoread4me
Posted By: dcromagirl Re: Activation - 12/26/05 09:47 AM
Hello, Im photoreading a real analysis (math book) and I am trying to activate it. Im actualy still confused in knowing what exactly is a good purpose.
FOr my activatin session. My purpose is to answer the questions, well, at the end of each section so that I can gain a better understanding of the subject real analysis.

Is this a good purpose

Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/26/05 10:30 AM
dcromagirl; "Hello, Im photoreading a real analysis (math book) and I am trying to activate it. Im actualy still confused in knowing what exactly is a good purpose.
FOr my activatin session. My purpose is to answer the questions, well, at the end of each section so that I can gain a better understanding of the subject real analysis.
Is this a good purpose"

dcromagirl; i think part of having a purpose is having an expected outcome. What will you do with this information from this book on real math analysis. How will you use this information why is it important to know this information? I think if you know what the outcome is that you desire that will help you form your purpose.
Photoread4me

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 12/26/05 12:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by photoread4me:
Alex; My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people so I can learn specific ways to handle my interaction with this difficult person. Does that sound like a purpose to you?
Photoread4me

Yes that's a purpose. Now try and simplify it. I amd reading this book so I can have a happier working relationship with Mr/s X

Alex

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 12/26/05 01:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dcromagirl:
Hello, Im photoreading a real analysis (math book) and I am trying to activate it. Im actualy still confused in knowing what exactly is a good purpose.

Is this a good purpose

Now why on earth would you want to know anything from that maths book? What would you do with the knowledge? How can yuo benefit with that knowledge. What would you do next with it?

If you can answer that you uncover your purpose.

Ale

Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 12/27/05 08:39 AM
Alex; "Now try and simplify it. I amd reading this book so I can have a happier working relationship with Mr/s X"

Simplify it? It seems like you made it more complicated.

The problem i have with your purpose is that it does not say anything about how to achieve a happier working relationship with mr or mrs X. With the purpose i have chosen "My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people so I can learn specific ways to handle my interaction with this difficult person" it tells me i am going to need to search through the book to find more principles, techniques and theories on dealing with difficult people. By just saying achieving a happier relationship with mr or mrs x it doesn't go into the specifics of how that is achieved so i don't see how simplifying it will help activating more easily.
Photoread4me

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 12/29/05 12:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by photoread4me:

The problem i have with your purpose is that it does not say anything about how to achieve a happier working relationship with mr or mrs X.

Of course it doesn't. That's my purpse to find out. I'm not going to limit what I can find in the book my making a statement that defines borders when right now I don't even know if the book contains any information whatsoever on conflict resolution.

The book is called "People Skills by Robert Bolton" It doesn't tell me by the title that it has any information on principles of resolving problems with difficult people. So my intial purpose is to keep it superfical and find out what is available in the book. When I activate some more my purpose will probably become more specific on certain aspects of how to.

The purpose statement never has to be a book in itself. It can simply be two or three word like I am reading this instruction manual so I can help my mum use this software. It serves to keep you on focus for information that will help your mum and not get side tracked my unnecessary information or "interesting reading" .

You own your mind when I say you can simplify the statement I'm not saying your goal will be missed or left out. You can still read for that. By simplifying the statement you are allowing the first activation to be one that lets you discover what the book is capable of giving your in that area. Your purpose can change with each activation. The more knowledge you acquire the more details you want.

For the sake of people learning about setting a purpose. Keep it simple. If you can say what you want in the end, The example in this thread is to handle a co-worker. Then once you make a statement of purpose with that in mind your activation becomes much more focused. It doesn't have to be in technicolour detail. The details come as you activate.

Alex

With the purpose i have chosen "My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people so I can learn specific ways to handle my interaction with this difficult person" it tells me i am going to need to search through the book to find more principles, techniques and theories on dealing with difficult people. By just saying achieving a happier relationship with mr or mrs x it doesn't go into the specifics of how that is achieved so i don't see how simplifying it will help activating more easily.
Photoread4me [/B][/QUOTE]

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 01/01/06 04:15 AM
Alex, Photoread4me:
I did try it with different purpose, but I didnt work. I am really confused. I cant remember anything but what I really dipped in. It took me more than 10 hrs with that book and its not getting together. Maybe I expect too much but this is not what photoreading promised, 25000 words/min.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 01/01/06 09:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by yas1891:
Alex, Photoread4me:
I did try it with different purpose, but I didnt work. I am really confused. I cant remember anything but what I really dipped in.

Why haven't you been mind mapping as you found answers to your mind probing question?

You cannot recall anything that you haven't activated because you haven't called on it in the first place. You knowledge gained from this book isn't going to be a photographic memory of what you have read. Yuo're looking for useful information that yuo can apply to your life.

quote:
It took me more than 10 hrs with that book and its not getting together. Maybe I expect too much but this is not what photoreading promised, 25000 words/min.

PhotoReading at 25,000 wpm isn't reading at 25,000wpm. When you learn the system as a beginner you're looking at reducing the time it takes to get the information you need at a conscious level that is similar to "reading". In 1/3rd the time it normally takes you with the book.

If you used traditional reading with that book would you have been finished within 10 hours? I'd say not because you're complaining you don't remember anything.

If you've spent more than 10 hours with the book. You're more or less traditionally reading it. Passively, No mind probling question.

Also what Does it feel like to remember something that you never called on in the first place?

You've created a paradox for yourself. You're expecting something different to be happening when it's the possibility that what you experienced is exactly want is supposed to happen.

Your inner mind is guiding you towhere to dip according to your mind probing questions. Consciously that's all you need to know. The rest is redundant as yuo've discovered in your 10 hours with the book. You don't have all that much that is useful to you.

Did the book have anything useful to statisfy your purpose of improving the working relationship with the co-worker you have in mind?

My guess is you could have found all the necessary information relevant to your purpose in 20 to 40-minutes. The rest is currently useless to you that's why after 10-hours you feel like you got nothing more than you dipped. Of course that's all you consciously need, what you dipped. The conscious mind is not satisfied by PhotoReading. That's one of the things you need to learn to deal with. The comprehension you get from the book doesn't feel any different than traditional reading.

The idea of dipping is to satisfy the conscious mind. The nonconscious mind guides you to where to dip so you can satisfy the conscious mind. The non conscious mind knows where the answers are and if you weren't so picky could help you to live the knowledge with a different level of understanding.

However humans have a special need to understand consciously that's why we use manual activation techniques to understand what we need from the book.

Alex

Alex

Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 01/01/06 11:09 AM
Yas1891; you don't read at 25,000 a minute. Photoreading is not reading. Photoreading is exposing the book to the pre-conscious processor.

I haven't heard a word from you about what your mind-probing questions were. Give me 3 or 5 examples of mind-probing questions that you were searching the answers to when you were superreading and dipping.

Explain to me how you superread and dip.
Photoread4me

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 01/02/06 06:45 AM
Ok, Lets start from scratch.
Prepartion is ok,
Pulling out trigger words, works fine.
Photoreading: I can see the blip page, but I am not sure if I do it correctly. How Important is this step? Very important!. I can see the blip page, something like I II I, the blip is 1-1.5", its like everything doubles and just merge in the center. But when I do the same technique on the computer screen, I can see the text and a shadow around it. Please let me know if I am doing it right then I can move to the next steps.
Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 01/01/06 10:32 PM
Yas1891; You have not answered my question.Answer my question. Once again tell me, give me 3 to 5 mind-probing questions that you were searching the answers for when you were superreading and dipping.

Explain to me how you superread & dip.

You are spending way too much time and energy on the blip and it sounds like you haven't even formulated your mind-probing questions based on your purpose for reading the book. Instead of obsessing about the blip do this. Look at the crease at the center of the book and keep the 4 corners of the book in your view and imagine a X connecting the four corners of the book. Notice the whiteness of the pages.

To learn how to photoread on a computer screen read page 84 on the Photoreading book 3rd edition.
Photoread4me

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 01/02/06 02:04 AM
Photoread4me, My questions are:
1- How to approach a difficult person.
2- How to stop him.
3- Precautions for the future with similar case.
4- How to react to these kind of ppl.

Thanks
For the blip page, I wanna make sure that I do it right.

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 01/02/06 02:08 AM
For the super reading I try to look in the center of each line and scroll down to the end of the book, I try to notice as much as word as possible. Dipping is just like regular reading but faster.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 01/02/06 07:36 AM
The probable place you'll find the answer to question 1 see chapter 8
Question 2 see chapter 10
Question 3 see chapter 12
question 4 see chapter 8

My guesses based on the table of content of the book. Not having PhotoRead the book because I don't have a copy those would be my starting points.

About your questions.

I hope that you are only being vague because the details of your reason are personal.

If not...
Then I have to think you only came up with those questions to appease photoread4me.

They are not questions derived from a single purpose nor from trigger words you got from the book. Being as open ended as they are they are a passive approach.

Question 3 and 4 come from a different purpose.

I think a little bit of both is at play, You don't exactly want to discuss your purpose on the forum and your questions are a little vague.

You've also given me enough hints to make me suspect that this book isn't going to serve your purpose anyway amd you broke the first rule of Learning to PhotoRead. Learn on an easy book that interests you first. You've taken a book to deal with a major issue in your life first. That's once of the reason why you've having trouble activating. This is an emotionally charged issue for you.

You are fine with the PhotoReading step. The problem isn't there.

Since it's personal and you probably do want to get anything you can from the book that would help you to solve the problem email me.
I'll work with you through this book so you can learn PhotoReading and find a way to handle this problem

My email address is under my profile. Click on the sunglasses or the envelop for my email address.

Alex

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 01/02/06 08:15 PM
Alex, no offense but if you simply can tell me where to find the information by looking at the table of contents what is the role of photoreading. What I want is a signal from my inner mind to turn me into the right section of the book. How can I get that signal?
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 01/02/06 10:32 PM
I PhotoRead the table of content, index and the available page.

Given your vague questions I would elect to start activating those chapters. And the rest of the information you provided on this thread My inner signals gave me those starting points based on what you asserted your purpose to be.

When you look at the Table of content it would appear that all the chapters would serve your purpose and mind probing questions. However looking at the index and the information about your purpose I doubt that this book does even suit your purpose. So based on your questions those would be the chapters I'd activate first.

Why aren't you getting the signals as to where to dip?

You are learning the system.
You have vague mind probing questions that you made up after you said you spent 10-hours on activation.

e.g How to stop him [From doing what? Why shop hiim doing what? When?]
As a mind probing question it is passive.
You didn't even use one trigger word when posing a question

The 4 questions presented are based on at least two different purposes. You lack a single purpose so how are you going to learn your inner cues if you don't give your inner mind clear directives?

Your expectations from one book, your first book are unrealistic.

To train yourself to dip wherever you get the urge or intuition to dip, you need...
· A purpose (one at a time not muliple purposes in one activation),
· mind probing questions, and the willingness to dip and move on if the answer is not there when you dip. In the beginning you dip more.
· A playful attitude
· Space to learn
· Time to learn
Use NOPS

You say you've spent 10 hours with this book. Then get another book. You don't develop the skill of getting your inner mind to guide you to the right places to dip with just one book.

Alex

Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 01/03/06 08:06 AM
Yas1891;

"1- How to approach a difficult person."
2- "How to stop him."
3- "Precautions for the future with similar case."4- How to react to these kind of ppl."

Those were your mind-probing questions and you used the purpose that Alex suggested and you are telling me that with superreading it took you 10 hours to superread that book to find the answers to those questions?

Something is not right here. With superreading you are spending about 4 to 5 seconds a page. There is no way you can tell me that if you were spending about 4 to 5 seconds a page that that would have taken you 10 hours to do that.

I have my doubts about whether you are doing the superread and dip process correctly based on the information you gave us that you spend 10 hours on the book. Maybe you are just regular reading. It should not take 10 hours to superread the book you described. Even if you dipped 30 to 50 times it should not have taken you 10 hours to superread and dip and find the answers to those questions you gave us.

Tell me how much time does it take you to superread just one page.
Photoread4me

Posted By: photoread4me Re: Activation - 01/03/06 08:24 AM
Yas1891;

"1- How to approach a difficult person.
2- How to stop him.
3- Precautions for the future with similar case.
4- How to react to these kind of ppl."

Are you telling me that you used the purpose Alex suggested and that it took you 10 hours to superread and dip to find the answers to those questions?

Something is not right here. There is no way you can tell me that it takes 10 hours to superread the book you described. When you superread it takes about 4 to 5 seconds a page. Even if you dipped 30 to 50 times that would not have taken you 10 hours.

I have my doubts about whether you are doing the superread and dip process correctly based on the information you gave us that you spend 10 hours on the book. There is no way if you are superreading a book 4 to 5 seconds a page that it would have taken you 10 hours to do that.

It sounds like you were regular reading not superreading and dipping.

How much time does it take you to superread one page?
Photoread4me

Posted By: yas1891 Re: Activation - 01/04/06 06:28 AM
SuperReading takes only 5-6 sec.
I can answer to those questions simply by refering to the table of contents as alex did. Consider you want to photoread a book with 50 questions in mind, do you need to go through the book 50 times?
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: Activation - 01/04/06 02:06 AM
For a beginner Superread and dip takes between 16 and 30-seconds a page. Faster than that I do not recommend. You will miss the body mind cues for dipping.

Don't sit there forming 50 questions for a book as soon as you got one good one start activating. Remember your purpose. Consider activation like chatting with the author. You have a question Superread and dip for the answer. Chances are that leads to more questions. Discovery of more you need to know. Then you've got another question. activate.

You can answer as many questions as you can during an acitvation pass. It can be one or it can be a dozen. However do not extend the time of your activation passes just because you have more questions. Check with your purpose. Do you need to know that consciously right now to satisfy your purpose or are you getting sidetracked by interesting praddle, easy reading. Which nonconsciously you already know anyway. Sure it's interesting to know what Dick and Jane are doing but is it relevant to your purpose?

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement