Posted By: dcromagirl How to get ....alpha ..... - 04/16/06 07:01 PM
Does someone have advice on how to get into alpha state where the mind is in relaxed alertness and how does one know when they are in the state?????

ALso when one is in alpha state does that mean that both hemispheres of the brain are turned on therefore one can use the whole brain???

Posted By: EricML Re: How to get ....alpha ..... - 04/17/06 03:46 AM
Alpha comes best when you don't worry about whether or not you're in it. A lot of children have access to this state when they're in play, do they care about their accelerative learning state? It's merely an adult term for a wordless phenomenon to the ones who truly experience it on a consistent bases.

I wouldnn't wait for myself to go into alpha and then make sure I am before photoreading or learning something. By all means, initiliaze a process of relaxed alertness, but go on from there, the rest will follow well.

Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: How to get ....alpha ..... - 04/17/06 05:04 AM
Alpha is triggered by simply closing your eyes.
For something to do other than worrying focus on your breathing. The with your eyes closed give yourself some positive affirmations.

When you do this often it becomes second nature and you get to the point where you just need to intend to close your eyes and relax and the mind will start doing it before you even close your eyes.

Good technique to practice a lot in preparation for stressful situations. Exams and job interviews for example.

Alex

Posted By: beezom Re: How to get ....alpha ..... - 05/04/06 10:39 PM
You can go to www.selfmindcontrol.com and at the end of the page download a free series of Conscious Creation which is the Silva Ultra Mind training system.
Posted By: Alex K. Viefhaus Re: How to get ....alpha ..... - 05/06/06 03:23 AM
Unnecessarily long if you want to use it for PhotoReading.

Alex

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement