Posted By: ADHIS Striving to put it all in. - 10/30/08 01:32 AM
I attended this past retreat and loved it. I really want to continue exercising at home but find it really hard to comply with all my daily activities, Mainly the afternoon meditation time.
And at that I am only doing the active exercises of level 1.
Because of a Spur on my heel I find it challenging to complete all the active exercises and dare not to continue on to the level two.
At night even though I really want to meditate, I am so tiered that all I can do is play the paraliminal and go to sleep. Is there any trick (Suggestions)to be able to improve on my Qi-Gong practice.
Posted By: JeffreyC Re: Striving to put it all in. - 10/31/08 03:45 PM
I can offer you my personal thoughts on that.

For me if I want more time to practice Qigong, Yoga, Meditation, exercise.. etc. I look at things that are "time wasters". Is there a tv show that I could stop watching, is there internet time taking up valuable time?

If this is some of the things you deal with I suggest putting the time for personal care and spiritual growth above some leisure activities.

I would suggest finding balance. If on some days you can practice active exercises and on other days you practice sitting meditation.

JEFF
Posted By: ADHIS Re: Striving to put it all in. - 10/31/08 05:14 PM
I was feeling bad that some days I could only do active exercise and another only small universe. It would be nice to do active exercise level 1 and 2, small universe, and then the evening meditation... I realize that's what the retreat is all about \:\)
I guess I wanted to re-create the retreat at home \:D

Thank you for helping me see that it's all about balance and not about getting it done.

Much love,
Adhis
Posted By: JeffreyC Re: Striving to put it all in. - 10/31/08 07:22 PM
Perhaps every once in a while, once a week? or once a month? have a retreat day where you indulge and do three or four hours, but for regular days, maybe active on some days and sitting on others..

JEFF
Posted By: ADHIS Re: Striving to put it all in. - 11/01/08 10:48 PM
Wow! THATS EVEN BETTER \:D !!
The Active one day and meditation another will work perfect for me.
But planning for a "retreat" day. Sounds rewarding. \:D THANK you again.

Adhis ;\)
Posted By: JeffreyC Re: Striving to put it all in. - 11/04/08 10:42 PM
You're welcome my friend.

Continue doing what you are doing regularly and you will receive the benefits of good health and long life.

JEFF
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement