Posted By: Tashi Deley I just received my SPQ deluxe course. - 02/12/09 11:12 PM
Hello and Tashi Deley to all of you. 'Tashi Deley' is a tibetan greeting which means 'I honour the greatness in you'.

First of all, what a great forum this is. So much to explore and so much to learn.

As I am relatively new to Qigong, I am seeking some guidance as to the best approach to begin the course. Master Chunyi Lin's instructions are quite succinctly outlined in the manual, and the DVD which I have already viewed once. The active exercises, although they appear to be simple in their form also require visualization of the energy channels to be effective. I know that for some, visualization comes naturally but for someone like me, I am finding it difficult to focus on this and feel that until I acquire the skill, the exercises will not be effective. Does this come with practice? Also, how long does it take before one feels comfortable with performing the active exercises correctly, especially 'Harmony of the Universe'? Any feedback and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Posted By: gallen Re: I just received my SPQ deluxe course. - 02/13/09 09:15 PM
Hello-
Thank you for the special greeting. Tashi Deley.
Just do the practice as directly and simply as you can, without self judging where you are at, in terms of ability. As you stand in your active exericise, or sit in meditation, you simply are where you've come to be, and in your qigong practice, you are in a transformational and healing alignment. It works for you on many levels,in many ways, some preceived, some not. Any sense you have of inabilities should be let go of. Your practice is just as vital and complete to you now, as it will be at some point down the road. If you can enter your practice, fully give yourself to it, allowing it to be what it is at any given time, you are doing qigong, you are healing and transforming. Whether or not you have specific abilities to visualize or not, isn't part of that pure experience of qigong. Stay centered in the spirit of the practice, not the academics.
Qigong is a physically and spiritually enlightening practice. As with enlightenment, it is in the moment, not down the road or in the future. There is a non skill to acquire in that. You can fully benefit from your practice now, at whatever level you are at. Nothing is missing. You are at a new beginning, and there will be many more new beginnings. Enjoy fully wherever you are at, and be nonreactive to self, in regards to how you perceive you are doing the movements. They will improve, and they are fine now, wherever you are at. How you simply stand in the beginning, is just as vital as when you begin to move.
If you are doing an exercise that seems more complex, and has you stopping or adjusting or trying to learn the movement, that's fine. Just do that practice without self critique or shifting to thinking about it. Just relax, focus, practice, accept, enjoy.
love,
gallen
Hello gallen,
Thank you so much for your reply and the inspiration. I have had time to reflect on what you have said and everything makes so much sense. It was like an ethereal tap on my shoulder and has given me the encouragement to follow through with the meditation and active exercises practice without critiquing myself constantly. I did my exercises and meditation yesterday evening and followed your advice on being non-reactive and tried to stay centered in the spirit of the practice. I felt a greater sense of accomplishment than I ever have previously. Thank you once again.
Tashi Deley
Posted By: gallen Re: I just received my SPQ deluxe course. - 02/14/09 04:51 PM
That sounds great, and you are very welcome. You are honoring the greatness in yourself! -g
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement