Posted By: Lunarsol Qigong Kitty - 08/03/10 06:55 PM
I have a six yr old cat that is very independent and has more than an average wild streak in him. He's noticed that I practice the Small Universe meditation at close to the same time every night around 11 pm. So lately he's been meowing at the back door just before 11 wanting to come in.

As I start my meditation he rubs into me some then lays down next to me for the duration of the meditation. He's very still during the meditation and rests for a short time after I'm finished. When he's ready he stretches slowly and meows at the back door to go back outside.

This is not like him because once he's out, he's usually out for good. But I'm glad he's enjoying the qigong practice as much as I am. So now he's my Qigong Kitty.
Posted By: shakurav Re: Qigong Kitty - 08/06/10 07:19 AM
I find similar types of behavior with my two cats (brothers from same mother and father, different litters).
One of them loves to crawl on my lap when I meditate and he usually does not do that at other times.
With one qigong teacher (not SFQ), she had a very mean, territorial and xenophobic cat (especially with males). But she would often come and sit on our laps when we meditated.
I take this kind of phenomena as very good sign.
Posted By: Lunarsol Re: Qigong Kitty - 08/09/10 06:45 AM
I also think it's a good sign because cats are very sensitive and I"m sure that extends to qi as well. I used to do standing meditation near a bay under a healthy tree and a family of ducks would sometimes hang out with me. I enjoyed their presence too.
Posted By: NCScotland Re: Qigong Kitty - 08/10/10 03:28 AM
I'm looking for advice on qigong healing for a cat. Does anyone have any advice on how to use the healing techniques of level 2 on a very small adult cat who specializes in non-cooperation? I'm not particularly adept yet either with the techniques and with such a small animal (half the size of a normal cat) I find it extra difficult to detect blockages. Any advice is most welcome.

Thank you!
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Qigong Kitty - 08/23/10 04:01 PM
Aloha NCScotland,

When you are detecting blockages, ask questions as you go from head to toes...

any blockages in the...
brain,
eyes,
sinuses,
neck spine,
throat,
C7
left shoulder,
left arm
right shoulder
right arm,
heart,
lungs,
etc.

Much Love, Shawn
Posted By: NCScotland Re: Qigong Kitty - 08/24/10 05:39 PM
Aloha Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I've been asking questions, instead I've been more focused on feeling for blockages. But with a very small cat it is difficult. So I'll give the questioning method a go.

Thanking you,
Neil
Posted By: dmattwads Re: Qigong Kitty - 08/27/10 09:22 PM
Hi btw I'm new to this forum. I have noticed the same thing as well when I do Qigong. I have two cats and if I go to the back balcony to do Qigong they come over and hang out while I do it, even if they were off in another part of the yard before.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement