Posted By: mimih321 Could anyone share daily practice? - 02/09/11 09:14 AM
Hello,

I am new to SF and have only learned level 1. I practice along with the DVD and it takes about 45 minutes to do the active exercises. I heard Chunyi Lin say to practice for a few hours a day if you have a health problem or severe blockages, and I was wondering what that would involve. What to do for 1-2 hours? Could someone help by sharing what they do in their daily practice? Do you practice the active exercises and then Small Universe? Or the other way around? Are there other healing meditations in Spring Forest to do? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mimi
Posted By: RodB Re: Could anyone share daily practice? - 02/16/11 01:14 PM
Mimi,
Remember master Lin's Good,Better,best philosophy. If you are practicing daily that is great! Consistency is important. I still remember 5 years ago when I first started asking Master Nance if I do my active exercise in the morning and mediate in the afternoon would it still help. His answer was "thinking about it helps!". The message is that Spring Forest is a way of thinking,behaving,viewing the universe as much as anything.

Having said that, the right amount of time is whatever time you have. If you can do it all at once, start with an Active Exercise and follow with Small Universe. Feel free to mix in other Self Concentration and Butterfly Mediation too.. If you need to split the time up that is OK too. During the day, take 5 minutes (or whatever you can) and run through part of Breathing of the Universe...it all adds up. The "Best" when starting out is to spend 2 to 1 Active to Mediation, so adding small Activate Exercise "time outs" during the day is helpful.

Good Luck!
Rod
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement