Posted By: shaneybear Breathing - 09/06/11 04:00 PM
I have been doing Qui Gong for a short while and have had some good results. I am a bit unclear on a few things however. Are you supposed to breathe the smoke from the actual problem or symtom area or just generally from your body? I also become confused with visualizing the tube at the beginning. Is it supposed to be clear or full of colours? Also, do you need to draw the stomach in when breathing? To me this seems to encourage breathing from the chest rather than through the tummy area. I am probably overanalysing this but would welcome some guidance on these things! Thanks in advance, Shane
Posted By: toddler Re: Breathing - 09/06/11 05:11 PM
First try to relax more. If you are analysing you will be tense and the Qi will not flow well. Master Lin says Good, Better, Best.
(1) Re smoke You can do either
(2) Do your best re visualising the tube. Even giving a gentle thought that it is there is Good. Some people can visualise more strongly. Just do your best.
(3) Follow Master Lins instructions re drawing stomach in when inhaling and stomach out when exhaling. He is the Master.
Posted By: Realize Re: Breathing - 09/08/11 06:35 AM
Yeah this is a tricky one for me too as I'm currently seeing a cardiologist for a hibernating myocardium issue and part of the intervention is various breathing exercises which push the stomach out on inhalation which is in contrast to Master Lin's direction.
Posted By: shaneybear Re: Breathing - 09/08/11 09:07 AM
Hi, thanks for the advice. I guess the best way is to try to enjoy the process anyway, without too much analysis!
Shane
Posted By: toddler Re: Breathing - 09/08/11 12:33 PM
I have trained with different Qigong Masters. They teach breathing methods that are the most appropriate for their Qigong styles. You should always practice Qigong as you have been taught. If you want to use other breathing methods at other times then that is okay.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement