Posted By: Realize Eyes Closed - 09/08/11 05:19 AM
Hi

During some of the exercises I feel drawn to close my eyes but I think on the DVD he has his eyes open. Will it matter?

Thanks
Posted By: Zakyrus Re: Eyes Closed - 09/12/11 03:52 AM
This would depend on your intentions. If you are going deep into mediation, and want to reduce outside distractions, then close your eyes. If you are doing the active exercises, then you want you eyes open so they Qi can exchange. I don't think it really matters, since each individual's energy system differs, so go with whatever feels comfortable.

wink

-Z
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Eyes Closed - 09/26/11 04:29 PM
Aloha Realize,

I've worked with some systems where they always keep their eyes relaxed, soft focused, and slightly open for everything.

As Zakyrus mentions, do what works for you. Master Lin has students close their eye, to help minimize their visual distractions. He mentions to open them during the Seven Steps of New Life, only because of a balancing issue that can be present and bring the students out of the relaxed mediation they were in for the first set of exercises.

Much Love,

Shawn
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement