Posted By: sidonis how come I get worse? - 09/27/12 11:08 PM
Hi everyone,I'm new to this spring forest.

I have practiced Ken cohens qigong before and got worse after 2 weeks so stoped it....I didnt want to make things even worse for myself, I have had chronic fatigue for 9 years now and never get a cold, not like other people anyway, I just get more fatigued, never get a cough, runny nose or a sore throat.

I have been working through level 1 of spring forest qigong, and noticed I'm getting worse again!!, it doesnt seem to be going away or getting better just worse.......now some might call this a healing crises, but I dont want to get worse and stir things up again, should I carry on or should I stop?
Tough chioce maybe this qigong is doing me more harm than good.

thanx Sid.
Posted By: faerywhisp Re: how come I get worse? - 10/01/12 01:31 PM
Namasta' Sidonis,
Are you sure you are allowing yourself time to connect with the energy of the Universe before beginning your exercises? Positioning your tongue if possible on the roof of your mouth and saying the password helps you to connect very easily to the energies of the Universe. It is here you may invite a healing guide to work with you. If you are truly connected you should feel wonderful after you exercises and you will notice a very fast pace at healing yourself. If you are frequently fatigued try doing at least a portion of the exercises. In the beginning I would start with just a couple from the beginning and would always do the finish with the ending exercises. Little by little you should be able to do the whole series. I have found that the password is wonderful to use even just to do meditation or if my animals need healing, it is such a great connection the the Universe and the more you use it with intention, the faster you will connect. I hope this has helped you some. Sometime we just don't have enough of our own energy to accomplish what we need to do so try the connection for everything.....It truly works and is amazing! Have a blessed day my friend, Faerywhisp smile
Posted By: sidonis Re: how come I get worse? - 10/02/12 08:56 PM
thanks for taking the time to reply faerywhisp.

As far as I'm aware, I'm giving it enough time at the beginning, I give it around 5 minutes or so after saying the phrase.
I havent noticed any difference after 10 day's so far, so I'll just keep going, its worth a try, I do all the ending excersizes and I manage to get through 30 minute sessions of the active excersize in the morning and then at the end of the day I do the active meditation.
No improvement yet, but I hope it does.
Posted By: Zakyrus Re: how come I get worse? - 10/05/12 06:55 AM
Don't give up. You're on the verge of 'something else' here. Something you'll definitely want to work with or at least get a 'handle on' before you make the decision to give up.

Suggestion: Do the Active Exercises in the morning, and try the Meditations at night. Exercises will get you charged up for the day, and the Meditations will help you unwind at night.

Much of "what you get out of something" comes from intention. Ask yourself, 'what do I want out of this?'

My suggestion would be to this...when doing the meditations, or the active exercises. (you can even try it while reading this to get an idea of it's purpose)

Accept and recognize your situation.

Understand that you have no need to prove anything to anyone--including yourself, or "get rid of" any condition or state, and you respect yourself as you are NOW.

Make an intention for yourself, such as:
"I choose to recognize my Divine Spirit, and connect with the Divine energy of ALL." (that about covers everything, you could also ask your Master; God, Spirit, Jesus, Bhudda, and 'physical' masters to assist you in your recognition)

Focus on the Dantien.

Say the password...while doing so, feel your energy connection to all that's around you. In your physical location, and the area or city you are currently in. Just FEEL the energy. Sense the 'state' or feel of the area you are in.

Sidenote: You can do this in a quiet state, or even when your thoughts are 'jabbering away' (though when practicing, we choose to go into "the quiet", and then come back to the 'world') This isn't that difficult, if you can feel your own body and it's state, then you can easily expand to feel 'outside' of yourself. Just 'do it' and not worry of the mechanics of it.

Now (while still focusing on the dantien--as well as what's around you) expand your awareness to the state or providence, then to the country, let it gently expand to the Planet--just FEEL Earth (and don't worry about what comes up, just allow yourself to FEEL)

Now, gently feel the Sun, Moon, and all the Planets in the solar system (you can add other things like comets and asteroids later, but don't complicate a simple procedure, just DO) now expand to feel the Galaxy and the Galactic Core...while focusing your 'thinking mind' on the dantien and expanding your 'feeling awareness' further and further until you encompass the Universe (hundreds of billions of Galaxies)...

Gently blend your energy with the VAST state of Being. You feel so joyful and grateful that you are joined. Send a "Thank you so much" feeling to -Everything- (it will multiply and return)

Take a moment or so and realize...that because you are AWARE of that state, that the Universe is IN your Mind, and hence your body (just like in the Password)

Now, focus on your dantien shining very bright (but never losing energy, because you are connected to everything here) as you make it bright, and visualize the Universe resonates and responds and also makes "Itself" bright, now there is no 'difference' between 'you' and the 'Universe' you feel your body become transparent and you 'Both' become One with the Emptiness.

^ From here on, practice your meditation/exercise and maintain the mental focus on the Shining Dantien, and the exercise. Later on, you can just "say the Password" by recalling the feeling by having the intention the Join.

I hope this viewpoint helps, understand that the visual aid posted here, is just one possible application of energy, in an Infinite Sea of possibilities. Don't forget the basic concepts that are common knowledge but many times over-looked:

Everything is Energy.
Energy is countless in number of possible states.
Energy is capable of resonating with intention.
Energy is an application of Knowledge.
Knowledge is an application of Source/Spirit/God.
God is ONE, for "Who Creates Mastery with Flawless Perfection" is Joined with ALL.

Are you starting to (humbly--but not too humble) realize Your Potential?

smile

-Just here to help.
~Z
Posted By: sidonis Re: how come I get worse? - 10/05/12 11:07 AM
Hi Zakyrus.

thanks alot for taking the time to explain this, it's helped me alot to get my head around becoming one with the universe before entering the active phase of my meditation.

I'll practice this this week and see how I go, I havent put any preasure on myself about doing spring forest qi gong, what ever happens, happens, hopefully it helps me to heal.........I accepted this illness along time ago, I want to regain my health, but we'll see if this can do it.........nothing else has worked and I've tried alot of things.
A gradual proccess of, trial by elimination concerning the potential cures, thats all I can do.......one day I hopefully will find the right path.

I'll keep you posted hopefully it'll rebalance the mind/body connection and my health will come back.
Posted By: Metal372466 Re: how come I get worse? - 10/08/12 12:34 PM
I practice Ken Cohen's stuff too, his One Finger Zen Meditation has a more powerful effect on me than any of the exercises in Level 2, it goes quite well with Yijin Jing.

It seems that you may have some hidden blockages and Qigong practice makes your body aware of those blockages. Keep going with your practice. If SFQ doesn't work, go for another style of Qigong, don't give up.

Also, you may want to get a free healing from Michael Mohoric, He does a free distant healing every first week of the month. It feels like practicing Qigong for a week non-stop if you're under his Qi, here's his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Qigong.Distant.Energy.Healing?ref=ts&fref=ts
Posted By: sidonis Re: how come I get worse? - 10/11/12 10:50 AM
thanks for the link I'll take a look.

3 weeks now and still no change.............I'll give it a few months and see if it has any effect. Even a small improvement would be good.
Posted By: remedios Re: how come I get worse? - 10/13/12 05:32 PM
Hi Sidonis,
For more chronic situations, such as chronic fatigue syndrome, try increasing the amount of time you meditate and remember to put a small smile on your face before you start as this helps to relax the body.

-Remember to “Energy Breathe”. You will be breathing in through every pore and exhaling through every pore. Inhale, pull the lower belly in a little, exhale release smoke or butterflies. Do this breathing as often as you can whether you are meditating or not. Pause and take a few minutes. Master Lin recommends doing this 15-20 minutes a day. I sometimes stop what I am doing and do it for 1-5 minutes just to recharge my battery. This is a very powerful way of energizing the body.

-Before you meditate, in addition to calling on the master, etc spend some time visualizing your entire body immersed in bright light and feel this light penetrating your skin, your muscles your organs, your bones, your cells. Feel your body becoming more energized. (In fact, visualize your entire body in light several times throughout the day and feel the penetration of this light) Do small universe for at least 1-2 hours per day in addition to any time you spend doing the active exercises) Choose one active exercise (for right now) and practice that one only so you can go deeper with it. If you already meditate for this long increase the time you meditate by one half hour a day. Chronic conditions benefit so much more from increased meditation time.

At the end of your meditation make sure you focus back to your lower dantien and circulate the energy(the light) there for a slightly longer time than usual. Then see it get smaller and smaller then and tuck it behind the lower dantien. Here you are building powerful energy reserves.

As part of your ending exercises tap the tailbone with open fists from 1-3 minutes (also do this several times throughout the day) Cup the kidneys 1-3 minutes while visualizing them in light. Tapping the tailbone and cupping the kidneys is great for increasing your life force energy.

Remedios
Posted By: sidonis Re: how come I get worse? - 10/15/12 08:40 AM
Thanx for the advice Remedios.

I'll increase my meditation time then, I don't know how long I can do the active excersize for, right now I'm doing 30 minutes and running through the whole rutine in the first dvd........I didn't know you could pick only one of the excersizes and do that for the whole 30 minutes.

I have noticed that my breathing on and off throughout the day can be different, I'm breathing quite shallow, so I'll practice that deep breathing and see how it goes.

when you focus back to your lower dantien, how do you circulate the energy?, I just vision a ball of energy circulating clockwise for a while, maybe I'm doing this wrong.

felt alot of tingling and a light head lately while practicing, I also go into a rocking motion with out intensionally doing it.....so I'm glad to be feeling something happening, I hope this will be positive, I have a feeling that with chroinc fatigue, healing will take alot longer as I have alot less energy than most people to start with.

funny thing is at night when I do the small universe or self concentration meditation, I dont get a good night sleep, I would have thought it would make me sleep better......but it seems to work the other way.

Thanks for your time.
Posted By: Metal372466 Re: how come I get worse? - 10/20/12 11:09 AM
Try not to have sex or masturbation for 100 days if you can during your practice, if you can't just do your best to control your urges, save your sexual energy for healing purposes.
Posted By: sidonis Re: how come I get worse? - 10/30/12 09:54 PM
hah, don't think there is much chance of that happening.

doesn't seem to be doing much this spring forest qigong, a month in now, still have chronic fatigue and it hasn't cured any of my pre-existing injuries, if anything is going on health wise... I cant really feel it, oh well, I didn't expect much, bit of a long shot.
I'll keep going for a few more months, might as well now, as it won't hurt.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement