Posted By: rocklad Alcohol - 01/23/14 06:02 PM
Hello,

I am a beer and boubon lover and belive that my qi spikes up when i'm having a few drinks and watching good tv or movies. i know that neither of these habits are good to overindulge in but what are your thoughts on alcohol? what is better for your overall qi, moderation or abstinence?

best to you!

mm
Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Alcohol - 02/18/14 04:12 PM
Master Lin would say Best would be to abstain.

He'd probably recommend that your bourbon preference not be indulged in around the time you will be doing your SFQ exercises or meditations.

Much Love,

Shawn
Posted By: kev5 Re: Alcohol - 03/11/14 11:03 AM
Not quite related to this but close ...

I remember an account on this forum of how Chunyi managed to drink alcohol in some social context where he felt unable to refuse but said some kind of affirmation to himself which neutralised the effect of it. Does this ring any bells Shawn? I'm not thinking it's a technique to make a habit of but it does demonstrate the power of the mind over the body!

Love, Kev
Posted By: Iam2 Re: Alcohol - 03/13/14 09:14 AM
I remember hearing Master Lin tell the story of feeling socially trapped by friends to drink, so he moved the alcohol form his drinks to theirs.

I'm not recommending this as an alternative to treating your body right, but using the technique could help make your practice go further down the good-better-best road. I am a social drinker and when my practice was strong, I had a gathering where I was expected (and formerly had drank). I tried moving the alcohol from my drinks to others (and then just to the universe) and I felt none of the effects.

As Kev suggested, it is something to consider.

As Shawn said not consumer is better. smile

You are perfection,
Iam2 cool
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement