Posted By: Trent Just Finished 100 Days of Qigong Now What? - 01/10/23 05:38 PM
Hello! I just completed 100 days in a row of Qigong, and have loved how peaceful it's made me feel. I have done SFQ for years, but this time was different with the new course. I felt more energized and motivated, and has helped with stress as I am launching my own physical therapy practice. I'm looking for suggestions on how to go deeper with my practice--I'm going to add the sitting meditation daily for the next 100 days. Is this a good next step. Curious what your suggestions are. I'm also a runner but have an injury I'm still recovering from, and I don't want to put too much on my plate, but I know this is a cornerstone of my being and what I'd like to teach my clients. I actually teach a method called ChiRunning and ChiWalking! I also feel ready to do more healing on others--suggestions on how to get started? I have the old level 2 course, should I mix in some of these exercises? My instinct says yes but would love input from anyone! Be well, thank you very much, Trent
Congratulations on doing 100 days in a row of Qigong! What a great accomplishment! I've been doing SFQ for a couple of years - started with the original Level 1. Got the original Level 2, and now have been doing the new course/exercises. I tend to keep my practices separate, figuring Master Lin has chosen them to work together as a complete group. In the morning, I practice the new exercises (1/2 hour). In the afternoon/early evening, I practice Level 2 (about 20 minutes right now), and I do the Small Universe meditation just before bed - I find it quiets my mind and I sleep better. There are times when I feel "called" to do the original Level 1 exercises, so I'll replace one of my sessions with that. This seems to work for me as, like you, my stress levels are down and my body's energy is up.
When I first started doing healing on others, I started with family and close friends. I just followed the steps Master Lin taught in Level 2. I've had good results! And the more I do it, the more confident I get.
This is what I do now... next month it may change...I find I'm following my intuition more now. I think adding in the sitting meditation is a good idea for you - it's actually enjoyable!
I hope this helps! Wishing you much joy, love, and laughter in your life! 🙂
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement