Posted By: JHegener Reverse Breathing? - 07/24/02 01:01 PM
How important is the reverse breathing to the Spring Forest method? Between the moving and sensing the hands, the reverse breathing and the visualizations there is a lot going on and I sometimes have trouble keeping it all straight in my head.
Posted By: BruceF Re: Reverse Breathing? - 07/29/02 02:23 AM
I can't speak specifically for SFQ, but virtually all of the Chi Kung exercises I have learned over the years use reverse breathing.

But, don't get hung up on it while you are learning. You are obviously recognizing that at times you aren't doing reverse breathing. When you do, just try and get back into it and continue.

Posted By: JHegener Re: Reverse Breathing? - 07/29/02 02:28 PM
Thanks... it's just that, like I said, there is a lot going on. Visualisations, moving of the hands, reverse breathing etc. I had the idea that perhaps, concentration could be improved by lessening the number of things to concentrate on.

It seems like the sensation of 'qi' is significantly reduced when I go back to regular breathing, though.

Guess I'll stick with the 'program'...

Posted By: Hel Re: Reverse Breathing? - 08/01/02 01:08 PM
By reverse breathing is meant inhale-belly in? Is this the same as chest breathing? Is it desirable to train ourselves to breath this way all the time? I find with this breathing, the lungs can be better filled, especially the upper part.
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement