Posted By: Iam2 Young Children - 03/02/05 05:21 PM
Does anyone have experience or suggestions about how to introduce young children (6 and 10) to SFQ?

I'm thinking that an hour of active exercise is way too long.

I'm thinking that if I can get them through a week of daily exercise then things will be fine. The first week I had planned on doing everything with the video (so eyes open). Then I was planning on doing it with eyes closed and using the audio instruction.

As I post, I'm thinking that I should do the video in two parts to start out. Just to make sure the legs develop slowly and with less soreness.

I'm just getting ready for during the summer, which I'm planning on spending more time off with them.

Thanks,

You are perfection.
Iam2

Posted By: Shawn_Grim Re: Young Children - 03/03/05 02:18 PM
Aloha Iam2

Why not do the opening, one exercise for about 5 minutes, and the ending? Breathing of the Universe is always a good one to start with. Just have them relax and notice...

The video exercises run 25 minutes. When they get to that point and can do all of them, they'll close their eyes and follow when ready.

Don't be too bummed out when you introduce them to the sitting meditations and they breeze through it in the full lotus without a problem.

Much Love and morning sun energy to you my friend,

Shawn

Posted By: Iam2 Re: Young Children - 03/03/05 10:59 PM
Half hour sessions sounds do able. Maybe the first couple of times. I just have them watch and just spend a few minutes on each exercise (the fast forward).

They've already seen dad twisting his legs about and asked "What are you doing?" Then they tried it. They can pull a full lotus off, but they are a lot closer than I am.

You are perfection.
Iam2

© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement