Posted By: Faune UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 12/14/05 06:43 AM
On a previous post by Snake (Tai chi)he posed the question of the possibility of getting Master Lin to the UK to give a workshop or even to set up an SFQ centre.
Obviously there has to be a demand for this
and it has to be a viable proposition.
Would any SFQ'ers in the UK who would like to progress beyond Level 2 but who cannot afford (for whatever reason)to travel to Minnesota for the 3rd & 4th levels please add their request to this post. If possible please give the area where they live as maybe somewhere central might be needed.
Thankyou,
Faune - Newcastle/Tyne
Posted By: MickT Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 12/13/05 11:25 PM
Hi Faune,

Thanks for starting this thread. I would also be very interested in doing further levels. Equally, I'd like to learn Levels 1 & 2 directly from Master Lin. It would also be lovely to know just how many of us are practicing in the UK and where.

Best wishes
Mick - nr Hereford.

Posted By: Fruitbat Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 12/18/05 10:16 AM
I am returning to Qigong after a break and am beginning to make it part of my daily practice.
I would be very much interested in working with Chunyi Lin of he came to Britain. I live in the London area but would be happy to travel particularly to a country retreat and would be able to suggest a wonderful venue in Somerset.
Thanks for starting this thread and here's hoping for 2006!
Regards
John - Buckinghamshire
Posted By: Trickster Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 12/24/05 05:14 PM
I would also be interested in learning Qigong in England.
I'm also wanting to make Qigong more of a part of my life and to help others.

Mike- Banbury, Oxfordshire

Posted By: JackieN Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/04/06 11:44 AM
Hello Faune. I've just started the level 1 home study course and have level 2 to move to. I would be very interested in any sort of group workshops. I live in Wiltshire but would be happy to travel
Posted By: dendrite Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/11/06 07:58 PM
I am learning spring forest qigong level 1 and 2, i would be very interested in being taught by chunyi lin if he came to the united kingdom, i live near Liverpool.

Bobby

Posted By: Geoff1145 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/14/06 07:54 AM
I would be very interested in further teachings of spring forest Tai Chi in the uk
i live in Chippenham.
Posted By: Bluesky Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/26/06 05:36 PM
Hi,

I have started practising SFQ from the Level 1 video and audio CD's. I used to practise with Mantak Chia for over 5 years but have found SFQ to be more gentle and effective for me. I live in London and I would also be interested in attending any workshops by Master Lin. Also,if anyone in London wants to get together for practise sessions that would be great as well. My email is mervyndsouza@hotmail.com

Posted By: kev5 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/27/06 03:58 PM
I'd certainly be interested in Chunyi Lin coming to the UK for a workshop(s)too. I'm based in Nottingham.

Kev

[This message has been edited by kev5 (edited January 27, 2006).]

[This message has been edited by kev5 (edited January 27, 2006).]

Posted By: Kundrolpawo Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 02/06/06 09:33 PM
I live in Manchester area and have recently obtained Level 1 and 2 home study course. I have been doing Level 1 for a couple of weeks and am enjoying it and would also be very interested in Chunyi coming to UK especially for Levels 3/4 or retreats for levels 1/2
Posted By: Faune Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 02/07/06 05:52 PM
Hi all,
Thank you all for adding your names to the request. I think that we will need quite a lot more SFQ students to make our request a viable one. If any of the users of this forum are from UK please consider adding your name to this thread.
Thank you
Love & light
Faune
Posted By: The23rdMan Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 05/14/06 02:20 PM
Hi fellow UK Qigongers

I'm presently in Kidderminster but plan to move to W. yorkshire in a few weeks and would love to get together with any practitioners up north.

I've only been practicing SFQ for just over a week but feel great. I do an hour active in the morning which just flies by plus another 30 mins if I can during the day and a 30mind small universe at night.

I've previously been practicing shibashi qigong and although I felt more Qi doing that I feel it's down to a much easier breathing technique. Once I've got a handle on the reverse breathing I'm sure this will be more effective.

blessings,

Dean

Posted By: Ingrid Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 05/14/06 08:34 PM
Hi there Faune,
I may be in Belfast (anyone else out there on the Emerald Isle so we could hook up for a pint?!)
but I would be more than happy to travel anywhere else in the UK - cost-wise any of the main cities would be best for me e.g. Edinburgh/Manchester/Glasgow/London.
best wishes
Ingrid
(PS: if we don't yet have enough numbers to justify a visit by Master Lin over here just yet - would we maybe be able to have a get together somewhere central in the meantime? Also - how might we try promoting SFQ more over here?)
Posted By: drj1000 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 05/20/06 08:44 AM
Hi all,

I am based near London and I would also be very interested in attending a workshop with Master Lin in the UK.

David
Posted By: khalah Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 09/17/06 10:45 PM
If I were in the UK at a time when Chunyi Lin was there, I would possibly be interested in attending his course.

I visit the UK frequently and would also like to know if there is anyone doing SpringForest Qigong that lives in or near the Leeds-Askern area.
Posted By: ph0t0reader Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/15/07 01:37 AM
I would also be interested in this. I am located in London. I purchased the first course from life tools a few years ago but haven't really got into it due to time constraints. Doing a course with Chunyi Lin would definitely kick start me in to action I feel.
Posted By: Faune Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/15/07 03:41 PM
Well guys,

I recently read in a post or Email from LS that Master Lin does not travel outside the USA so perhaps we are being too hopeful at this point.

Maybe sometime in the future?
Keep adding your names though, so that we can show enough interest to make a course a viable option.

Love and light
Faune
Posted By: Skipper Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 01/15/07 08:15 PM
Have any of you tried to contact Normandale college about setting up a workshop? I contacted them some time ago about one outside of Minnesota and they seemed receptive. Although I'm in the USA maybe they would consider sending one of Master Lin's instructors to you if there's enough interest. The E Mail address I contacted is ncal@normandale.edu.
Posted By: Marina_Butala Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 03/30/07 10:53 AM
I am from Slovenia and I am interested to meet Chunyi Lin too.
Posted By: ahmed02 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 10/28/07 06:42 PM
I also would like Master Chunyi Lin to come and teach in the uk
Posted By: Hakim Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 10/29/07 06:39 PM
This question has been brought up on this forum numerous times but as far as i am aware there has never been any positive reply from Master Lin. I would love to learn the higher levels from Master Lin directly and would jump at the chance to learn from him in person.

Over the years I must have gone through the level 1 & 2 material perhaps 15 or 20 times. Each time i pick up something as if i hear it the first time. These are words of a true master and thus have immense value if one is serious. There are aslo guided meditations available for levels 3 and 4 on the SFQ website.

There is really enough to keep you busy for several years.

If there were the intent for Master Lin to travel to the UK i am sure we would have heard by now. I tried contacting the SFQ Guild in the US but no-one replied, perhaps Alex or Shawn can update us.

If anyone is sufficiently serious and would like to meet up for regular group meets in the London/M4 corridor area i'd be happy to hear from you.

Kindness and Respect
Hakim
Posted By: Peggy J Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 11/10/09 10:46 AM
updating for England since last posting in 2006. Are all of you who posted originally still practising? Are there any others who have started since? I and my partner live in Cumbria at the moment, though will be looking for a new home in the South West in 2010.

Peggy
Posted By: Willy Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 11/13/09 01:35 PM
Hi Faune;

my name is William, i am in Barcelona ,Spain and i would like to join your group-so if master Lin shows up in UK I will ceirtainly be there.
Just in case my email is willyfran54@yahoo.es

Kind regards

William
Posted By: ahmed02 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 11/13/09 03:21 PM
Hi,

I'm from England, UK. I would too like to see Master Lin in UK one day!

Kind Regards
Ahmed
Posted By: successman Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 11/16/09 11:51 PM
Dear All,

I am recently new to SFQ and am very keen to learn the practices and excercises. I have the book Born a Healer and from that I can already sense the power and benefits of this system. I am recovering from a financial disaster due to being made redundant a year ago, so can't really afford to buy the level one and two course at the moment.

If the Master were to come to UK I would move mountains to try and be there.

Does anyone know where I can buy a used version of the level 1 & 2 de-luxe course in the UK?

Thanks Guys.
Posted By: Colin Attard Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 02/15/10 07:38 PM
Hi
I'm from Malta but have family in Southend-On-Sea,Essex, England, and would be very interested if Master Lin decided to go to the UK.

Thanks & Regards
Colin
Posted By: Karlos Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 04/15/10 03:49 PM
Hi,

I have completed levels 1 and 2 via home study and would be very interested in attending Master Lin's workshops if he came to the UK. I live in Walthamstow - London. If anyone would like to meet up on a regular basis to share experiences pls let me know (krlosorr@googlemail.com)

L&L

Carlos
Posted By: ninjastar2k5 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 04/22/10 02:02 PM
Hi,

I'm based in south-west London. I'm returning to SFQ after years of doing Zhineng Qigong which failed to make a significant improvement to my health issues. I think we definitely could use a SFQ group over here. I'm tired of everything good being only in America, we need help too!
Posted By: zebra Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 05/16/10 10:25 AM
I am practicing a lot at Level 1 and have the Level 2 home learning course. I live in Bristol and would be very interested in a workshop with Master Lin in the UK.

Jo
Posted By: richard1985 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 06/02/10 10:59 PM
I am also from the UK (West Yorkshire). It would be great if Master Lin could run a workshop here in England.
Posted By: ahmed02 Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 09/30/10 10:20 AM
We now have a instructor in the UK smile
Hopefully, maybe one day Master Lin might teach a workshop in the UK smile

http://www.springforestqigong.com/level_one_instructors_in_europe.htm#eu
Posted By: MickT Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 10/01/11 07:35 AM
Master Lin is now coming to Holland this November for a brief visit!! He will be doing an evening lecture on Fri 4th Nov and day workshop on Sat 5th in Amsterdam. Details are here: http://www.springforestqigong.nl/index.p...d=2&lang=nl
Posted By: astrid Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 10/09/11 10:40 AM
Hi MickT!

Thank you so much for keeping us informed! I have registered for the event! smile

Thank you!

Astrid
Posted By: MickT Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 10/27/11 07:10 AM
You're very welcome! I only wish I could be there myself. I'm sure it will be a wonderful event - have a great time!. Mick x
Posted By: Jonny Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 11/07/11 07:56 PM
Dear All,

Some of you may know that in order for Master Lin to achieve his vision "a healer in every family, a world without pain" he is encouraging the formation of practice groups. I am a level 3 SFQ practitioner and I am setting up a practice group in London. If anyone is interested in finding out more please email me on sf.qigong.uk@gmail.com

Best wishes,
Jonny
Posted By: astrid Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 11/09/11 02:14 PM
Hi Jonny,

that's a wonderful idea. You can also register your group on the springforestqigong website smile

Good on ya'

Astrid
Posted By: 7Harmonies Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 03/03/12 09:25 AM
Hi. I just joined the forum, having been a yoga, meditation, transformation of trauma and ecotherapy practitioner for many years. I'm just beginning SFQ online and am loving it - it resonates deeply with me and I feel it is destined to be very important in many lives in the future. I would also love to see Master Lin come to the UK. Is there anyone in or near Scotland who practices or teaches SFQ?

KInd regards - Harmony
Posted By: Helen E Re: UK/ Great Britain SFQ members - 03/16/12 05:46 PM
Me too - have been inspired by this.
Also as per MickT's comment would be really great to get full list of SFQ members as only found details of place in Stratford on Avon.
Please post us a full list please!
Helen in Somerset
© Forum for PhotoReading, Paraliminals, Spring Forest Qigong, and your quest for improvement