Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54129 09/12/00 12:10 PM
nate Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm going through the personal learning course right now and am at a crossroads: I've listened to the first 2 tapes, but since school started 2 weeks ago I haven't been able to listen to the rest. I plan on picking up where I left off, but am unsure: should I just continue, or should I review in some way, or should I Start from the beginning? I feel like I still remember the important points.

#54130 09/12/00 12:57 PM

Nate,

Keep listening to the rest of the tapes - each tape is individaul in that it delves deeper into one or more processes of the photoreading whole mind system until on tapes 7 and 8 you put everything together.

You can always listen to the tapes again once you have finished the course.

I have listened to the home study course many times now and each time I listen to them I get to learn new things - things that perhaps I wasn't sure about on the first pass.

Remember we've all been there and no question is too stupid to ask - we all gain experience from others - this forum is a great way to learn more about the whole system.

Good Luck !

Fraser

#54131 09/12/00 01:21 PM

Nate,

FraserB is bang on the money!

I remember way back when I was in school ... (well not that long ago! ) how much PR could have saved me time had I known about the system. You are at an advantage, you posses the technology ... the time you spent now ... will add up to less stress and much productivity in the long run.

You are in a 'perfect' environment to use the PR system ... you perform the necessary steps of PR at home and the school enviroment acts as the perfect place to activate!

Just imaging what your classmates will think when you blast through course material with high marks! You'll be regarded with the upmost respect ... remember, only a small percentage ever PR ... you can be in that small percentage, just stick with it!

By the way, my secret to succeeding in school was to relax, have fun and enjoy the process ... school to me, were and to some degree still are the BEST years of my life!!!

Humbily,

Michael Saikali

#54132 09/12/00 03:36 PM

Tape 3 will clarify a lot of things. It guides you through the whole process. There is a relaxation exercise and Pete helps you photoread your first book.

Tape 3 cleared up many of my questions and consequently was my favorite tape. Give it a try I think that you will like it.

#54133 09/12/00 08:14 PM
nate Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for all the input guys, I'm glad I am not alone!! I am going to listen to the rest of the tapes right away. I'm glad to know that tape 3 does a lot to clarify things, b/c right now there seems to be a lot to remember, and I always am second guessing myself: am I doing this right, did I leave out a step, etc.

By the way, has anyone else noticed an increase in their typing speed? This summer I taught myself to touch type, and while I knew all the keys, I wasn't fast or fluid at all. Since then, I haven't done any drills for speed or any practice for that matter, but I've noticed that since I started the PR course, my typing has gotten much faster, and more fluid. Pretty cool, huh?

Nate

#54134 09/12/00 08:46 PM

Tape 7 is also good for going through books of your own. Once you've gone through the tapes, I'd recommend spending a week or so playing with it and then going right back into the tapes again. It's amazing how much more things come together once you've had some experience with it.

Don't second guess yourself. You're learning something new. There are no PhotoReading police who will break down your door and beat you for missing a step. I can say that now because I did the same thing to myself. Giving yourself permission to go with the flow and see what happens pays big dividends.

#54135 09/13/00 12:40 AM

Hey nate,

I started the course 5 days ago and I noticed I could type faster and more fluidly than before too when im in the relaxed state. I am an experienced home-made typer(no real technic) but the other day after having photoread and staying in the state while going on internet it was almost like I was typing with 12 cups of coffee in me (without the stress) and I noticed it. Really fun stuff.

Still, I cant activate and I didnt succeed in the dictionnary and the book exercise so it made me a little skeptic about the whole thing. I was wondering if it was because of the state that I was typing that fast this night, but now that you mention that, im pretty sure it is. I think ill start a typing course while im still in this learning awareness so that I can type faster when im in an alpha state of mind too.

I'll continue the photoreading experience and I hope ill notice some result soon regarding other than consious reading and learning. Seems really fun to do when you understand how.

Share the stories!

Cya later.

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved