Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rogin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello there!

I've been reading some messages in the forum, about rapid learning martial arts, but I've not found any concise information about it.

I've been doing Taichi for some months and some days ago I joined an Aikido dojo. I could practice Taichi at home, indeed, so it's my fault not doing it and so, progressing slowly. But in the case of Aikido, I cannot practice at all at home. Anyways, what I'm looking for is to boost my learning curve, life is too short and I'm eager to know. I would like to integrate what I see in my classes and make it natural to me. It's very frustating trying to remember and not viable when you need it.

Would paraliminals help in this goal? if so which and how use it?

Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by Rogin (edited September 19, 2002).]

Hello there. I am a nidan and certified sensei in kenpo karate (kensho-ryu kenpo, to be precise). It takes, on average, 6 months to a year for what you learn in the dojo to be applicable on the streets - you're training the muscle memory. Tools that can help increase the speed at which you learn the arts - repitition...lots of it. The use of visualization and relaxation. Keeping the muscles loose while learning a technique (new students tend to try to tense up and "feel" power as they are doing a technique - which is counter productive - it actually slows down learning how to do the technique). New Behavior Generator might be useful, I think, as far as paraliminals go. You might also find it useful to enter a light trance/relaxed state as you do your techniques/forms. Good music playing, trying to visualize the bunkai as you execute each move - put yourself into the fight and program your neurology.

I hope this helps a bit.

Mtt Offline

Hey,

I've found that the FLOW-FIGHTING and FLOW STATE PERFORMANCE SPIRAL videos from www.rmax.tv have accelerated my martial arts learning.

flow-state like spike on cowboy bebop?

i dont think there are any paraliminals fashioned towards what you are trying to accomplish. find a good book and visualize the techniques. dont limit yourself to just aikido, explore many different things and integrate everything together.

P.S. in my opinion, i think jujitsu(danzen-ryu, or small circle as we call it) is the best for self defense. look it up and see if you might agree.

I found this site recently.It uses rapid learning methods for Brazillian Jui Jitsu, which in my opinion is one of the most effective fighting disciplines around, aside from Thai Boxing.Anyway,you may be able to apply their rapid learning techniques to your own discipline.http://www.speedjiujitsu.com/the_academy1.htm

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved