Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54339 05/21/06 11:35 PM
AeB Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello Everyone,

I agree Holosync is good, but the high cost of each level is making me wonder... if there is another effective and cost effective alternative to Holosync ?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
AeB

Hi:

A couple of people who post to another forum I frequent have suggested that doing Qigong seems to have provided them with as much personal growth and satisfaction in clearing issues they've had as their previous use of Holosync. Two of the three are still using Holosync, as well as doing Qigong.

If you are reasonably computer savvy, you can use several other programs that you can either download from the internet or purchase (for less than US$100.00) to create your own h/s sessions. There have been several posts on these forums regarding these alternatives, so doing a search might help there. As well, doing an internet search for NP2 (Neuro-Programmer 2) or Transparent Corporation (I think this is the name of the company that puts out NP2) might be the way for you to go. You may need to dig around a bit on the internet, but if you have the time and know-how, it appears to be a lot less expensive to do it yourself. That said, I still prefer to get the "real deal", and know that I'm not messing myself up badly by using something that might harm me.

People used to be able to sell their old levels on EBay, but Bill Harris put a stop to that somehow, however, there are still people out there who will sell privately, if you can find them, as an alterative to purchasing new. You just need to be careful of whether or not they used affirmations on the higher levels.

Hope some (or all) of this helps.

Cheers!
Unis

There are many alternatives available. Unis mentioned a few.

Follow your own inner guidance is probably the best way to find something
which right for you at this time in your life. It may even be holosync.

Also, I suggest to focus on what you want rather then what you don't want.

Cheers,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1892805...5Fencoding=UTF8

Pretty much the same theory. Even the background music (bells) is pretty much the same. There's a difference though.
But it really is the same technology (brainwave entertainment) and this one actually gives you the whole deal right in the start.

Dear AeB,

I know that the whole idea behind Holosync is that you can basically meditate as well as a Zen monk at the push of a button. But if you're looking for a cheaper route; try traditional meditation - it shouldn't cost you a penny and there are loads of techniques to choose from. (I recommend Zen mindfulness training - but you can start by simply focusing on the breath and watching your thoughts/feelings flow through you - something pretty fundamental which also doesn't cost you!) You may not feel "relaxed" immeditately - (thoughts and feelings can tend to get stuck rather than flow) but at least you will grow to know yourself over time and will thereby succeed in releasing old stresses and emotional habits more consciously for the long term.

If that sounds too vague - you could start by simply saying affirmations to yourself in the mirror every morning (a tried and tested method of positive thinking which can have immediate benefits). Imagine what you would ideally like for yourself (e.g. health, happiness, peacefulness) and recite to yourself (this can intially feel embarassing or perhaps upsetting if you lack confidence in yourself) in the first person and in the present tense e.g. "I am full of health, energy and confidence" "I am peaceful and centred inside" etc. preferably to a mirror. Keep the affirmations in the positive, say them as though they are already happening (ie. don't use "I want" but instead use "I am") and also keep them general - eg. rather than affirming getting a specific job, instead affirm something like: "I am in the job that is most suited to help me learn and grow and increase my potential in life") If you stick with it and get past the embarrassment, you will be surprised how well you can indoctrinate yourself into being positive!

I would also recommend getting trained and attuned to level 1 Reiki if you can (this does cost but where I live it usually doesn't cost more than £70) - then you can treat yourself without having to necessarily depend on external sources (good for physical healing too)

Incidentally I would also recommend Spring Forest Qigong - you can get a lot out of Chunyi Lin's book alone, even if you don't have the cash to buy the Level 1 course.

best wishes
Ingrid

Last edited by Ingrid; 05/28/06 01:43 AM.

Lots of good suggestions here, so here's my $.02. Maybe one of these ideas will click for you!

Mine is to try one of those light & sound machines, aka "mind machines." You can find them almost anywhere, BUT I suggest you don't buy one of the cheapies. Look for ones like the Photosonix that has lots of bells and whistles. You might not use all the Bs & Ws, but the overall quality of these makes it worth it. The little portables tend to make annoying noises rather than take you into meditation.

I bought mine a little over 10 years ago when a friend said these machines helped her a lot with migraines. It did help with those, but I found it also would almost immediately put people into a meditative state--pick your level, beta, alpha, theta, or delta. My non-meditating hubby was in deep states on the first use. Use it for awhile, say a few weeks, and all you have to do is intend to reach the state you learned, and you're there--without it. You remember what it feels like, and know how to get there.

But Ingrid is also right: meditation is not nearly as difficult to learn as it might seem. Pick one of the types out there--my preference is Transcendental Meditation--and practice. Even if you feel as though you're not getting anywhere with it--trust me, you ARE. The effects are often subtle and gradual. A child doesn't realize or even notice his own growth, but over months and years, the yardstick measurements tell a dramatic story! The same is true with spiritual growth through meditation. Sometimes the results are most dramatic when viewed in hindsight.

Jeanne

My new found threshold breakthrough tool is homeopathy.

My understanding of how it works similarly to holosync is that when we have something in our day to day lives that aggravates insiduously and subtly without our awareness, homeopathy treats this by making us more aware of this aggravation and by making us aware we can release it, it just sounds a little like a holosync experience.

Flower essences can be used. The Bach remedies are one example of flower essences. I know the benefits aren't really the same as holosync.

AeB

Possibly you should look at the individual benefits of Holosync, for example hemispheric synchronization, relaxation, breaking through thresholds, reduced cortisol, etc. and focus on solutions for your most desired benefit.

Jeanne

I used a light machine years ago. I enjoyed the flashing lights synchronised with the various sounds, but like Holosync, the device invariably made me fall asleep and I only woke up when the lights went off. I still enjoyed using the machine though but I wasn't sure what benefits I was receiving other than 20 or 30 minutes sleeptime. Nonetheless it is something I would suggest is worth a try.

Regards
Stevie

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved