Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Susan Offline OP
OP Offline

I am a control freak who is anal retetive and I have been for most of my life. It really drains all of the energy on a daily basis to be this way, and I am not spontaneous at all. Does anyone know of any program that can help me? I want to change.

Administrator
Administrator

The Sedona Method or Natural Brilliance. Both these courses teach releasing... letting go of the need to control is one my favourite sections of the Sedona Course. On the whole the Sedona course focus more on releasing emotional tension. It's fantastic for that.

The Natural Brilliance course includes releasing while it helps you to focus on heading towards your goals.

My first choice in your case would be the Sedona Method. While it has a section on releasing toward your goals I find the Natural Brilliance Course better for that. However the Natural Brilliance course doesn't teach you to release in depth. The Sedona Course consist of 10 tapes focused on releasing and every one of those tapes are eye opening. Learning how and why to let go in so many areas of your life.

Natural Brilliance was a perfect follow on to the Sedona Method. Having learnt how to throughly let go of the need to be in control the Natural brilliance course taught how to use this skill towards personal goals and added a couple of details in using the skill toward goals.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited September 28, 2002).]

Hi Susan

From what I gather about anal retentive personality, is that there is a reason why the problem started. There are many symptoms of the problem and I don't know which ones you have, but you could spend your life trying to address your symptoms with paraliminal tapes only to find that others appear.

Somewhere back down your timeline, where times were rough, you decided that somethings were worse than they actually are. You have to talk to the child within you, that experienced things more harshly than they could have been for you. You have to allow yourself to feel safe and experience more acceptance of yourself from yourself. Reparent yourself with gentleness and love.

Four paraliminal sessions which can help you speak to your child within, with love are New History Generator Side A, Belief Side A & B, and Anxiety-Free Side B.

When answering the questions at the beginning of each session, speak to the part of you that knows best, your inner child, get the answers from her. If it seems too painful to go through the work of paraliminal listening, then simply try releasing with the Sedona, 3 questions, while gently chatting to your inner child. With each painful feeling, do a release.

All the best,
Grant

Hi Susan,

Hmmmm...I was sitting here reading your note and thinking about the nature of being a "control freak" or "anal retentive." It seems that the nature of this behavior is the control freak tries to control every aspect of their lives...but, you've implied that your anal-retentiveness is out of control (else, why ask for help?)...

I'm just wondering what it would be like to be a control freak about controlling your anal-retentiveness...

Hi

I think Susan's being over controlling is a symptom of her anal retentive personality, am I right Susan?, and a symptom cannot revert back and remove the cause in this case.

Grant

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited October 07, 2002).]

If you're tired and drained of energy, that means there's an energy leakage somewhere. The Personal Magnetism paraliminal deals with the identification and closure of leakages through modling others.

Thinking of movies I've seen recently, there is one that deals with someone who has a lot of charisma and influence, and indeed a great deal of control, but who is NOT a control freak and gives the advice, 'STOP TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING!' to his friend.

This character is Tyler Durden, and the movie is Fight Club.

Susan Offline OP
OP Offline

I am not sure if I have an anal retetive personality, I just know I have to go over everything in my mind and make sure everything gets done in a certain order. I know that it is based on fear, but when and why I don't know. I like the idea of taking to my inner child. I have done this in the past for other things and had good results. Spontaneity isn't one of my strong suits!! I am not being a control freak about controlling my anal retentivness, I am anal which makes me controlling. In other words, my controlling is a behavior. I am not sure I am making sense. I am going to get the Sedona Method and talk to my inner child. You are right Grant about something happening to me in my childhood. I am not sure if this event was the cause, but it could be. Thanks for the help everyone!!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved