Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54379 05/24/06 12:42 AM
Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

I know that Master Lin has said to do the active exercises then to follow with the sitting meditation. Is there a reason for this order.

I find myself resisting doing the active exercises as I prefer to do the meditation. However, lately after the meditation I feel drawn to do the active exercises. But I stop myself from doing them then because of the order thing.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Aloha
Nickie

Aloha Nickie,

The active exercises set you up to go deeper into the meditation.

Much Love, Shawn

Nickie Offline OP
OP Offline

SO then, if the active meditation is meant to assist one in going deeper into the sitting meditation....if I feel the desire to do the active exercises after the sitting meditation it won't matter. Maybe I have to get still enough in the sitting to want to do the active. Sounds backward but maybe that is what works for me.

Thanks Shawn
Much love to you and Darcie too
Nickie

The active is not designed to help you go deeper if you follow it with a sitting meditation. The active meditation are desired to help create balance and flow along the major channels of your body. This balance and flow just naturally gives you a better starting point for your sitting meditation. This allows your sitting meditations to be more effective.

You may be getting the message to do the active meditation, because you need it.

I prefer the sitting meditation as well, but I still do the active. However, I usually do them at different times of the day. For longer meditations I do an active for the first half hour. That how Master Lin directs us during the retreat.

Depending on how your practice is going, I would not hesitate to follow a sitting meditation with an active one. Especially if doing the sitting first, is what helps you make it a regular practice. And especially if you are feeling guided to do it.

You are perfection.
Iam2

I had problems doing the sitting meditation after the active. I am always very warm and tingly throughout my body after the active med. and when I would do the sitting med. I would get very cold and it felt as though the energy was being trapped where it shouldn't.

Strange, so I stopped doing them together and never tried to swap them as the recommendation was to do active then sitting. Will try it the other way around I think.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved