Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54405 05/25/06 05:50 PM
Momof12 Offline OP
OP Offline

As much as I very much want to master this, and as disciplined as I am I'm finding my level of procrastination and sleepiness as I teach myself photoreading outrageous. Has anyone else had to push through this? Kathy

Momof12 #54406 05/25/06 05:54 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Try working in a 20 minute block of time. As soon as twenty minutes is up call it quits. You'll build faster with smaller blocks than putting off large blocks of time.

Alex

Alex K. Viefhaus #54407 06/01/06 01:08 PM
Momof12 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks, I moved to that, and I also just keep playing the CD's while I go about household chores. But I think internally I'm experiencing a lot of doubt and resistance. I'm going for a PHd program in the fall and if I can't photoread successfully, I won't make it academically because I still homeschool 6 of my kids and have 2 more in highschool, all who need mom at various points. It is insane for me to do this, but getting a mom within the academic walls of educational research is very sane.

I'm afraid that this won't work, its a hoax, you all are lying. No, I don't really believe that, but it comes up anyway.

I'm afraid it won't work for ME, something defective in me will never get it.

I'm afraid of what I will be if I really can read this fast.

I'm afraid of what it will mean for me to be an expert in my field.

I'm afraid of what such a huge change will mean to my marriage.

I have every right to slow down at 47 years old, and do less, already have had 12 kids. What am I nuts?

I keep testing this and I can't seem to activate anything.

I'm skeptical about this whole system.

The more specific I can be the better, that comes with learning the phrases in the program.

As you can see, I'm listing EFT set up phrases. The level of resistance I'm feeling is not about the task of learning to Photoread. I take on lots of challenges. It is all these voices I'm fighting inside my head and they are exhausting me. So, each morning as I continue to work through the photoreading materials I am EFTing (the tapping work Paul does on the DVD you can find it at www.emofree.com) on this list and also beginning a positive set to work with.

I choose to approach photoreading in a playful curious fashion.
I choose to look forward to the enrichment this will bring to my marriage.
I choose to enjoy being an expert in my field.
etc.

So I've just begun this the past few mornings, I will report back in with the results. I am less tired at this point in approaching it.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved