Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54410 05/26/06 08:22 PM
OP Offline

I have read that there are quite a few masters of Qigong that have also used sun gazing as a tool for energy. My path has led me in this direction and I was wondering if done correctly it would have any detrimental effect to SFQ when practiced together (but kept to seperate times of the day naturally)

Indeed, I showed some friends how to grow their fingers tonight and afterwards when I went to demonstrate what happened with my own hand after only 3-4 seconds my fingers felt as if they had stretched out far enough to the point of pain. I stopped immediately and they felt elastic like as they receded back into the joints and when I checked they had still grown about 4-5mm all in a few seconds.

Admittedly I haven't done that trick for quite some time, but I haven't done SFQ for over 2 years now as my VHS player died.

I only did 10-11 seconds of sun gazing this morning for the first time and had a nice experience then went to bed. In the afternoon when I got up, I felt a bit ill in the stomach, had a slight headache and got cold sweats after I had had a shower and when I first went into the sun again. (Detox)

Right now I feel better than I have in years and very energised. I plan to get back into the practice of Qigong each day for at least an hour, finish the holosync course and gradually get into sun gazing for a short period to energise myself.

Another goal is to teach myself to draw energy from cosmic sources (air, light, earth) so I don't rely so much on solid foods. My body has always been really good at telling me what it needed and for many months now it has been telling me not to eat solid foods and most of the time I have only felt comfortable drinking juices and water. Of course, I thought this was ridiculous and obviously incorrect so I have kept on eating for the sake of eating to survive.

My studies are showing that in actual fact my body may be correct again. I recently came across Breatharians and after study was skeptical and not convinced, but then I came across sun gazing and Hira Ratan Manek (HRM). He seems genuine in his recommendations and is also backed by scientific studies. Dr. Sudhir Shah wrote a synopsis report about HRM that was well received in the scientific communtity.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. But feel it is right for myself at this time.

I'm very interested to hear views on the subject before I go any further though. My goal is not to stop eating solid foods altogether, more to supplement and reduce their intake to a comfortable level, although I am open to what my body tells me to do.

awakening it's nice to hear you're returning to SFQ... goodness knows I've had breaks. Always know I'll come back though.

I don't know anything about sun gazing. Of course I have the concern for your eyes, but I'm sure you'l take good care of yourself.

As for listening to your body about food, I have some experience there. It has Always be best when I listen to my body and follow my guidance for eating. When I water fasted my first time, without preparation, I knew it was the right thing to do. Once started I read all I could find. I got contrasting messages. I follow my guidance and everything was fine. Since then I've fasted to help my meditations, but never as long as that first one. It help give me confidence and change my thinking about what's possible and what's neccessary.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Iam2 #54412 05/27/06 06:49 PM
OP Offline

Thanks for you reply Iam2. I can remember your posts from back when I started and I have read a few recent ones and I can really feel how much you have grown in that time. Great to see how you have stuck at it. My hat is off to you.

Funnily, it seems that looking at the sun may actually be good for your eyesight when done correctly.

I was reading a page that spoke about the authors friend who was holding classes on sun gazing. During the class a medical doctor stood up and had some harsh words to say to the speaker for being irresponsible, ie bad for people's eyes and sight. A Korean war veteran then stood up and told of how he had been in a POW camp with a sadistic doctor who had ordered several men to stare at the sun for 10 hours straight each day so he could see what would happen. If they looked away they were beaten and may have died. Anyway, before this happened he used to need corrective implements for his eyesight and to this day his eyesight is now perfect.

If you haven't done so, I would check out the two links I have provided as they are very interesting reading. Especially the synopsis report of the study conducted on him

I am going to do exactly what you said and follow my feelings and know it is the right thing to do. I always do even when everyone tells me not to. I got some very powerful energy from my first experience and indeed am still feeling great now.

Judging from the lack of replies I guess no one on here knows much about sun gazing? I myself didn't either until recently. Any comments are most appreciated.

Hi Awakening,

I've been led to this many times recently and really resonate with the idea. Unfortunately I live in the UK and we don't get a whole lot of sun!

i'd love to practice this though some time in the future.

blessings,

Dean

OP Offline

Thanks for your comments Dean.

I'm in Australia so luckily no lack of sunshine. I was a bit worried about the intensity here, but at sunrise it seemed to be OK. It is also winter at the moment so the UV index isn't going over 2 these days so technically I should be able to look at it in the middle of the day. Not gonna try it tho

I wish you luck in getting the chance to try this out sometime.

Hi awakening,
Thanks so much for your post. I am still exploring the path of Spring Forest Qigong and am having interesting experiences myself. I have never heard the term "Breatharian" before, but it immediately made me think of my first experience doing the Level 1 SFQ sitting meditation. I was so busy trying to visualize the energy movement to the different points in my body and breath in time with the sound on the tape and use the less than easy "reverse" techniques, that I realised my breathing was getting more and more strained. As soon as I had decided to stop trying so hard, my breathing relaxed and before I knew it, I literally felt like I wasn't breathing at all! I felt instead as though the energy was breathing for me by moving in and out of my body.
Granted, I haven't had that experience since then (about two weeks ago now), but it was pretty memorable - much like one of those dreams where you realise you can breathe underwater!
Regarding sun gazing - there is a Tai Chi sequence based around that which I have recently learned. It involves imagining that you are receiving energy from the sun and sky.
best wishes
Ingrid

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved