Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I have arthritis in my hands/fingers. I can touch my thumb to the ring finger, but not the pinky finger. I'd have to hold the fingers together to touch the thumb. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does this mean that I will never be able to use this technique? Is there an alternative technique?

Toby

Hi TobyEL,

Consider this. Yes form is nice, and if you have not heard these words "good, better, best" than let me put them out there for you. Master Chunyi Lin says there is no right or wrong way of doing forms, only good, better, best. It certainly applies here. But I would like to add something to this, love and intention. Master Chunyi Lin says It is your love energy you are transmitting, and we all agree. I also feel the intention within your thought, or mind that acts as a focussing beam for that love energy also counts. It is what you intend to have happen and the love with which you do it, not the exactness of the form. So, put out your sword fingers as best you can, the energy will do the rest.Two people making the same bread, if all else is equal, will get different results.

...The difference is love and intention.

Well, I hope this helps somehow,

WeR1

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for taking the time to answer me, WeR1. I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm so happy that I can still try to do the sword fingers.

Toby

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

As WeR1 mentioned, don't get caught in the particulars, if thats something that just isn't available to you at this point - it would be like people not meditating because they couldn't get into the full lotus.

Be patient with yourself and focus. You will make a difference.

Much Love, Shawn

TobyEL Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Shawn!!
Toby

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved