Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#54524 06/03/06 11:20 PM
OP Offline

Hi my Dad has suffered a spinal compression which has resulted in him being unable to stand He would really like to try Qi gong after I suggested it but we are unsure as to how he should do the active exercises
Any suggestions would be greatly received I am sorry if this info is starring me in the face the searches I have done have come up blank

Thanks

Hi silverfish
most of the active exercises can be done lying and sitting as well as standing - especially the first 4 although all of them can be done in a sitting position.
Cheers
Jetay

JETAY #54526 06/05/06 03:45 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha silverfish,

He also does not need to lift his feet when doing the 7-steps exercise.

Much Love, Shawn

On the subject of 7-Steps..what is the difference in doing the movement with the leg lift and without? I ask because doing it without means I can keep my eyes closed and this helps to stay in the emptiness.

The23rdMan, if you don't have a mobility problem then just keep doing the active meditations the best you can. I went a long time doing the seven step meditation with eyes open. After a while I stayed deep in the meditation. Then one day I just noticed my eyes weren't opened. Of course I had a little balance problem once I notice, but I got back into the meditation and thing smoothed out again.

Do the best you can and be relax and happy that whatever you practice happens to be, that it is the best thing for you at that time.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Iam2 #54529 06/06/06 05:21 PM

Hi
My mum suffers from arthritis through Lupus/steroids and finds it very hard to move. Most of the physical exercises are not possible for her. However, she does find that the mere act of focusing on practicing qigong breathing and doing the meditation exercises has an immediate physical effect - particularly on pain. Focusing on dantien energy and sword finger healing should also be very effective. Also even consciously adjusting and promoting better posture can help energy flow.
Your father might also like to try Level 1 Reiki, which also involves self healing through the laying on of hands. At the end of the day, when taken to its logical conclusion, all energy healing should really be possible through the mind alone. The mind in the end is the most powerful instrument of healing. This could be an opportunity for your father to see his current physical impairment as a real chance to develop the healing power of his mind. The physical should follow.
best of luck
Ingrid

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved