Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
tribu Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

Anyone knows how to read a compass, right? So I thought!

There is no way I can really know what direction I face. Inside my apartment, all sorts of things change the readings. I knew that the computer would throw a bit the reading. But everything does! The walls, the balcony rail - even my cat!

So I went outside yesterday and walked the perimeter of the apartment compound hoping to not find so much interference and to calm the compass arrow down. There as well, all sorts of things threw my readings off. I mean, the North was all over the place. Sure I found open spaces, but in open spaces I was in the vicinity of electric posts. Could my compass be broken? I bought one at Academy very similar to the one illustrated in the book.

Does anyone know of a website where you put in your address and it gives you the exact compass directions?

Do I need a better compass? A class on reading of a compass? A GPS system? To move to the hills? All of the above?

Thanks!
tribu

A Global needle compass might work better. You might have a different zone compass from where your living to cause the needle to move all over the place.

tribu Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you sillypup, I will look for the global needle compass like you suggest.

Thanks again!
tribu

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha tribu,

You're not in a different "zone." Sometimes the wiring, etc. in an office or home can mess with your compass. Check it out with a friends compas, your's may be broke or damaged.

Marie mentions to do the measurements during the day with the lights, computers, etc. off, including not having any metal on you, and taking a shower/bath with lavendar soap for good measure.

Standing in certian doorways can throw it off too - so she has one take a measurment two feet in and out of the door way, just to make sure things are on the up and up.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved