Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi everyone.

I'm in a dorm, and can't exactly add or change my outside landscape. So I assume the next best thing is my room. Now I know North is for the turtle, west the tiger, east the dragon, and south is the phoenix. My question... do I use magnetic north or my doorway facing out?

I ask because my door faces north, but level 1 seems to suggest making the door south by default. Suggestions?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha rattler14,

I can appreciate that, having been a director of university housing for almost 10 years, earlier in my life.

In landscape feng shui your view out of the front door of the house is considered South. For your residence hall room, look at implementing it in reference to your bed and desk...solid headboard for your bed (turtle), placing an open landscape picture in front of your desk (phoenix), for example.

I'd focus on making sure you have the 3 aspects of the Essentials course handled in your room first.

It would be interesting to find out where your room falls in the 20-year cycle and yearly time feng shui for the resident hall. I noticed that over time, there occurred to be rooms or areas that didn't seem to "do" as well as others consistently in various halls.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Perfect! I already have a solid headboard and a ansel adams picture of the grand canyon in front of my desk.

As for the 20 year cycle... wouldn't I just use the time period I moved in? After all, the building was built in 1901 and bought by my university in 1932. This becomes a bit problematic to figure out!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved