Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55175 07/08/06 02:14 AM
OP Offline

I have two somewhat related Small Universe questions:

1) I often drift off in the middle of Small Universe and lose my place. I use different approaches to find my way back. If I am using the recordings, most times I just kind of wait until the "Om" of the lower tantien comes back around (that is the most distinctive one, as it shorter and a little more fragile or softer. And the "Mo" before it, for the heart area, is also the longest "Mo"). If I am not using the recordings (something I just started trying), I just either go back to where I left off (If I remember), Or I start from the closest center I can remember I did, or I just start over again. What works best for you?

2) One thing I have played around with that is almost "drift free" for me is chanting the word on the exhale to push it to the next center, then just listen and sort of "think in my mind" (if I am using the recording) or just "think in my mind", the word on the inhale. This makes it harder for me to lose my place (especially since the beginning of "Om" is the end of "Mo" and visa versa) since I am actually using sound inside my body to help me move and focus the energy. Is it better to do that or to justlose one's place and use the "silent" approach (silent as far as vocalizing, since there is the recording and/or the sounds inside oneself).

Good, better, best responses are fine and I understand that My mileage may vary with someone else's approach. But also maybe Chunyi Lin may have commented on this somewhere or taught it.

Thanks...

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha,

When you come back to the meditation, begin again from where you intuitively sense to begin.

You are assuming that that "out of realization" state you're coming back from is a lesser helpful place than the form of the mediation.

If you want to stay awake during the mediation, Chunyi mentions to open up your fingers more.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Quote:

You are assuming that that "out of realization" state you're coming back from is a lesser helpful place than the form of the mediation.

It's funny that you should say that! A few times, as I have lost my place, as it were, I have thought to myself, "I wonder if this is actually going someplace helpful...could I be going into the emptiness?"

So, although my question did assume what you said, I myself have not really been sure! I have actually played with it a few times and just let it go and then returned later. I was not sleeping, because I was still upright and aware at some level. But I was not focusing on the exercise. It was something else. But maybe something good. And in any case it is something good, because I am learning something.

Thanks again for sharing your wisdom, experience and understanding and for all the above advice. I will try your suggestions...

Many blessings...

Steve

blessings,

Steve

shakarav, in the beginning I would drift (or just go away) and then when I became conscious of the meditation I would not know where in the circuit I should be. I used my analytic mind, like you, and understood the om and mwa locations, as well as the little variations. However, eventually I just began to trust myself to start when I felt I should be. Sure enough, but I usually end right on schedule. If I don't, well then I figure I needed a little more work on those sites.

You are perfection.
Iam2

OP Offline

And that too is starting to happen! Not all the time, but a lot of the time, I drift or lose my place, I just start where I think I am and then I seem to be right on the "click"!

Once I even drifted off for most of the whole hour of the SMALL UNIVERSE CD track (the blue one) and I just "guessed" trusting my intuition that the "mo" was on the heart and the next "om" was the last one! I was done! 8)

So, more and more I am coming to just kind of "play" with it and let it be.

A new challenge is to sometimes try and do Small Universe withouth any coaching, or audio, but just inside myself. I try this sometimes when I am in bed drifting off to sleep, especially if I have gotten to bed late and it close to the "peak" hour of midnight (actually 1AM because of daylight savings time). I usually don't get very far. But sometimes I do get in a few cycles.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and learning, Iam2.

All the best

Steve

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha shakurav,

Just a reminder - if you "come back and begine whereever you begin, If he says "Now we're coming to the ending," and you're not at the lower dantain, just move the energy ball along the small universe path to the lower dantain (no stopping required).

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved