Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55240 07/13/06 10:20 AM
OP Offline

I'm brand new at practicing SPQ. I'm VERY busy and I do what I can at every opportunity. I wear an upper partial denture which has metal going across the roof of my mouth just where I'm supposed to put my tongue. I've been taking out my denture while practicing, but I'd like to know if by wearing the denture, I would "short circuit" the flow of energy somehow? I also like to practice "small universe" lying in bed while wearing headphones from my walkman CD player. Of course I take off the headphones when it comes time to do the ending exercise. Does wearing the headphones also "short circuit" the flow of energy?

beammeup #55241 07/13/06 06:18 PM

A short circuit, is a circuit without resistance. Might be nice to know a way to remove all resistance to flow.

I understand you concern is whether these things block the flow of qi. No they do not. In the early examples you try passing qi through a table top. In the upper levels you direct qi to people at great distance. So your plate will not cause you problem for the qi. Is it the best practice? I really don't know, but I don't think it is worth the amount of concern you already have.

Using head phones is fine. Especially in the beginning as you are learning the meditations. It can also help you maintain you meditation focus.

Master Lin also mentions that sound can augment our exercises, and he has meditation music to help. I know that at times this music has resonated incredible with me, during a meditation.

So I would say the headphones are somewhere in the better portion of good, better, best. Use them until you feel you are guided to some other practice.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Iam2 #55242 07/14/06 09:49 AM
OP Offline

Thank you very much for your answer and suggestions which I'll seriously consider. Now I'll take advantage of your knowledge...is it possible to do the "small universe" without the master's voice? I ask that because I have unexpected opportunities to do so, but I think it won't do much good without the sound of his voice.

beammeup #55243 07/14/06 01:57 PM

Most definitely. I do most of my meditations in silence. It allows me to slow follow my own pace, which has become much slower that the one Master Lin uses in the guided meditations.

If you know your meditations, and feel guided to doing them under the direction of your personal guidance then do so. I also use my own guidance when to transition from one exercise (or stage) to the next, as well as when to stop.

With practice you know your own direction.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved