Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55269 07/16/06 03:53 PM
Oigimer Offline OP
OP Offline

When photoreading if the words are suppose to be blurred how can I find the trigger ones? Should they not appear to me like in 3D or something? Do my subconscious mind records those trigger words for future use only? How can I train myself not to verbalize the words I read and treat them as symbols or figures instead? I don' wont to hear they sound in my head. I want to see them as a deaf person would see. Can that improve PR, or is it a crazy idea?

You find the trigger words when you are doing the preview and or postview.During those 2 techniques you are definitely using your conscious mind & you are not changing your field of vision (when you are photoreading you have changed your field of vision when activating you do not change your field of vision) so the words will definitely not be blurred when you are doing preview or postview. About subvocalizing that is an indication you are going way too slow on the superread & dip. Pick up the pace go a lot faster on the superread & dip & you won't be able to subvocalize at that speed.
Photoread4me

I have tried the 5 day test and apart from spending the marketed "3 hr" time span , the result took me in essence 5 hours , in which case the book suggests that the reader should now have a grasp of the material. [Now that I have time off in the summer I can begin to really study PR techniques without external pressures.]

I have grasp a summary of the variable book in question , but the fact remains that starting off it is taking me longer to read the book through the PR technique then to bloody read the damn thing ( in saying this it has takin me a painful time to learn this - and I dont consider myself slow btw).

To be honest it is quite fustrating and I am uncertain as to the usefullness of Photoreading , since it takes such a ridiculous long time not only to learn the damn thing but to master it to a sufficient level in order to benefit from the technique itself. For now I have just resumed traditional reading methods and find there is simply no difference.

What does your post have to do with trigger words? Why didn't you do a post on having problems activating.

It is all about doing the techniques correctly. Many times people are not doing the techniques correctly & they wonder why they are not getting results.

And i consistently see people not establishing a purpose. Give us more information what book you were dealing with what your purpose was what you wanted from the book and how you went about trying to achieve your goals so we can help you.
Photoread4me

The response on the post what does your post have to do with triggers words was directed to hypertext not oigimer.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

I have tried the 5 day test and apart from spending the marketed "3 hr" time span , the result took me in essence 5 hours , in which case the book suggests that the reader should now have a grasp of the material. [Now that I have time off in the summer I can begin to really study PR techniques without external pressures.]

How come you spent 5 hours when the instructions require you to only spend 2.5 hours on the task?

What did you to that gave reason to expand on the instructed time?

What happened during prepare?

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved