Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55275 07/17/06 01:00 AM
OP Offline

hello everyone, it's been awhile.

I'm curious about the guide program. What is it? Is it like a personal coaching/mentoring situation where I can ask questions of senior students? What if I can't make it to minnesota this year, is that a problem. My only study is home study - I have not worked with master Lin or any of his students personally. Is the guide program right for me?

I'm looking to get more out of level 1 & 2 and also to connect with advanced practitioners who may be able to help me learn.

I'm doing level 1 active exercises every day 2 times for 30 minutes each session. One of the sessions is during my lunch hour at work( I work at a large insurance company that uses snoopy for a mascot ).

I'm trying to do level 2 active exercises 1 time per day for 20 minutes( usually around 11:00pm ).

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha orange_soda ,

SFQ has reorganized organizationally and even moved it's healing center to a new building, so the Guide Program and Instructor Training Course have been put on the back burner for a bit.

The Guide program is set up and step one in the instructor training process. It does a really good job at going into detail of the Level I and II course, as well as the history of qigong, and the uniqueness of Spring Forest. Since it is geared toward those looking to teach SFQ at some point, there are times for each participant to present and demonstrate to
small groups.

Sounds like you would like a review of Levels I & II, get a chance to ask questions of Master Lin, and be able to converse and get one one-on-one coaching from some on his advanced students.

Master Lin like to keep his classes and retreats focused on it's Level. He'd recommend taking either Level I and/or II in-person. He teaches a Level I on Friday/ Level II that Saturday and Sunday weekends that work well for people.

A better solution would be to attend the 6-day retreat we put on with him each year. In that we review Levels I & II, get into Level III work and things he doesn't teach in his classes, have opportunities for questions, small group lunches with Chunyi, have 3-4 of his advanced students there to answer questions, assist, and provide coaching for the participants. That and the fact that it's six full days with Chunyi and doing the exercises and meditations as he and the guest assistants work on you. Its an incredible experience with many international SFQ students attending.

http://www.learningstrategies.com/Qigong/Retreat.asp

You can give me a call at Learning Strategies if you have further questions.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved