Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55289 07/18/06 09:05 PM
paint Offline OP
OP Offline

the only way i can activate it succesfully is to rapid read is there a trick to making it work for me? Are there other ways to activate it other than the ones in your book and course?

Thanks in Advance, paint

paint #55290 07/20/06 04:25 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Purpose. If you haven't got a purpose for reading you'll find yourself using the passive reading approach which boils down to rapid reading at best.

Purpose will help you to from mind probing questions and find answers with a focused mind. Then you'll find you can get the same comprehension from the book in 1/3rd the time it takes to traditionally read the book.

Alex

paint Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for the reply

So should I change my purpose from something general like im want to learn about psychology to smaller specific things like definitions and then superread and dip to find the answer?

paint #55292 07/22/06 05:31 AM

Why do you want to learn about psychology? I want to learn about psychology isn't a purpose until you can tell yourself why or so that I can....

You'll probably find your propose dose become more specific when you decide why you're doing it.

Alex

i think the purpose should state wat u want from this book and how the info will help u in the future.

when reading pr book, i stated the purpose like:
"i want to read this book to learn how the system works and how to photoread in order to make my reading more effective and efficient which may help me on my study."

ennar #55294 07/22/06 10:36 PM
paint Offline OP
OP Offline

Would "I want to learn about psychology so that I better better understand the human psyche (I think I spelled that right)" be ok?

or "I want to learn about psychology so that I can pass the exam" ?

paint #55295 07/25/06 02:20 PM

Now why would you want to understand the human psyche? What would you do with the information once you have learned it?

So that I can pass the exam often works... not always... what you going to do with it when you've passed the exam?

Alex

Guyz I will not lie to you but regarding activation I need serious direction, that is I photoread books and the only activation I receive is familiarity.

For eg. I photoread a think and grow rich book sometime back only to discover two weeks later 'living the book' I bought the book only to discover that I already did the first chapters of the book.

I geuss its direct learning. but I need much more precise and about 80% knowledge of the book I photoread. Now can somebody please help me achieve this and yes,

I am purpose driven as well as very optimstic that it can be done i just need to know How to achieve this level of conscience comprehension.

Thanx
will be waiting for your munifcent response....

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved