Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55333 07/22/06 04:12 PM
th1chsn Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello, have any of you who have been studying SFQ for some time experience any expanded abilities as a human? Besides health benefits and healing others I have heard about alot of increased spiritual gifts from the study of qigong. I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of these and would be willing to share.

Regards,
Randy

Hi Randy,

I'm relatively new to SFQG so there are others that would better be able to comment. But since your question is similar to mine (where I was asking what other people are experiencing during the actual meditations), I thought I'd answer your question.

I have noticed some subtle changes in my personality since beginning qi gong 6 months ago (an hour a day). I find that I'm not as automatically anal as I used to be; I seem to be able to chill about things much better than I used to. For instance, I used to be unable to leave the house without cleaning the house completely. Now I find that it's just not that big a deal. This is huge for me, as it's stressful and distracting to always be worrying about cleaning up every second of the day, and then suddenly having some perspective about it!

I've also found an increase in my spiritual life. Mainly that I am a lot more comfortable with personal prayer and with other people's religious beliefs. I think overall I'm just getting closer to a place of love, kindness, and forgiveness. My defenses are down; I'm not as worried about what others think of me and I no longer feel the pressing need to explain to people "my" position on life/nutrition/energy, etc.

So, overall, it just feels like a softening of my entrenched personality is occurring.

I personally have not felt the healing effects others talk about (I have debilitating pain from Lymes disease and fibromyalgia), even after 5 phone and is-person healing sessions with Master Lin. (He said I have kidney blockages.) But with the other changes taking place, I'm wondering if the SFQG is helping me more with emotional issues first that may then help pave the way for physical healing. I remember what Master Lin said in the Level 1/2 class I attended. "The universe always gives you want you need, not necessarily what you want."

Hugs,
Cawwie

th1chsn Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Cawwie, thanks for sharing. What you mentioned are huge steps so congratulations!

I don't agree with what Master Lin said about the universe giving us what we need and not what we want. I think it's just the opposite. The universe will give us everything we want if we believe we can get it.

-- th1

I think Master Lin was saying it in context of "be patient." That there are things that we don't understand or know that might have to happen first (like in a full healing) before said full healing can take place. He wasn't saying it like that you can't get what you want, just that sometimes there's a process behind the scenes that may first have to occur.

I took his comment (which was just said as an answer to a question a student asked in class) to mean that universal energy is an amazing force that we in our meditations attempt to open up to us, and the process might take time or different turns than you expect. Kind of a go with the flow attitude.

I don't want to imply that Master Lin said we can't meet our desires in life. Far from it. It was more the idea that he expresses:
"I will heal. If not today then tomorrow. If not tomorrow then next week. Maybe next month, but I WILL heal." (A paraphrased quote from his Born a Healer book.)

I found the comment reassuring, cuz I can sometimes get bummed that I must be a nitwit not to be able to heal my disease when other people seem to be able to after only a few sessions. It's a different path and process for every unique being.

Other more established people on this forum may have a better explanation than I'm giving...anyone?

Hugs,
Cawwie

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved