Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55452 07/30/06 04:13 AM
OP Offline

How can I say this? I have been doing the abundance for life course for nearly a year. And my manifestations are barely happening if not at all. I have done the process and have my fingers crossed all of the way. I made two choices that I really wanted. One was that I am able to increase my income (mainly as a stock market player) I have made small gains there.Nothing really great. And my second was to find a significant person that would be my soul mate. I thought for a while that a person whom I started out with would be the one. I used the program to develop the relationship and now it looks like I am loosing. I did the program everyday and I prayed also. Can somebody offer me some advice. I fear my time is running short and I will never be able to have this. (but I can tell you one thing I sure can feel the pain)

Kevin, may man, I can't help you with your soul mate problem, but as far as consistently making money in the markets:

INVESTORS BUSINESS DAILY

no they don't give you hot tips to double your money in 30 minutes, but they teach you a strategy (takes a few months to learn) that can get you double digit returns year after year after year FOREVER.

10-15 years, anybody can be a millionaire, simply by applying IBD principles.

Investors.com

George

Learning Strategies Admin

You're forgetting to apply the Seven-step process to get clear on what you want. If you're doing it daily you'd also uncover the blocks and reason why you're not manifesting what you want.

What part of the program have you applied daily?

Alex

Quote from Kevin

"I made two choices that I really wanted… my second was to find a significant person that would be my soul mate. I thought for a while that a person whom I started out with would be the one. I used the program to develop the relationship and now it looks like I am losing. I did the program everyday and I prayed also. Can somebody offer me some advice? I fear my time is running short and I will never be able to have this."

Kevin

When I read your post what I can only describe as a feeling of desperation came over quite clearly. I wish I could help and maybe even wave the proverbial magic wand and give you the answers you are seeking but we know life doesn't always work that way.

I always thought CD'S such as Paraliminals and AFL where intended as aids to a desired outcome, not something that you should look upon as a guarantee of success for any given situation. I only say that because reading your post left me with the impression that you feel all you have got to do to keep the girl (or soul mate) is to listen to a cd. Listen, it isn't the cd's or the AFL course that is going to keep your soul mate hanging around, it's you that will do that.

So why don't you just ditch the program for the time being and start living instead. By that I mean use your own ability and talents to sustain the relationship, trust yourself rather than the cd's, or the paraliminals or books etc. You see sometimes I feel all this listening to cd's, paraliminals and programs like AFL is little more than vicarious living. And by that I mean we can get so preoccupied on the next course, or the next self-help book etc we can forget that there is a world out there waiting for us just to go out and start living in it.

I am not saying it is easy to do that because sometimes it can feel the hardest thing in the world to do, but sometimes it seems to me it is the only thing to do.

I have quoted John Lennon before when he suggested that "life is what happens to us when we are busy making other plans", while Alex himself made a suggestion to someone on this Forum that "15 minutes of silent self-reflection …. is probably better than total mind saturation. Less is sometimes more". Bang on in my opinion.

So, why not trust yourself and just stop reading about how to live and start doing it for real instead. Sure, it can take a lot of bravery to do that but the rewards are worth it. Likewise why not stop listening to the next cd telling you how to live an abundant life and begin living one now the best you can. The world is full of how to books etc and while you are reading or listening how to you are not doing it! Sometimes It seems to me that most successful people all these self help courses produce are the next generation of self help 'gurus'. For them, the self help industry certainly works!

Still I do not doubt self help courses have their merits when used correctly but just don't forget that real life is out there waiting for you to join in as soon as you feel ready.

Yes I know what I have said may sound callous and I can guarantee there will be lots of Forum readers out there hastily mailing in to tell me how wrong I am etc. But that is just the way it is.

Regards
Steve.

If you're just passively listening to the courses waiting for them to do you it won't happen. The courses are teaching you techniques and if you don't apply them throughout your day you cannot benefit from the course.

If you listen to the course just once and take up just one idea you can make changes in your life. If you're happy with them you could listen to the course again and grab another idea. You have much more benefit than just listening to a pretty voice.

It isn't what you learn and know that changes your life, it's what you do that changes your life... with what you learned and with.

Self help courses are like books for many. They never get beyond the first three chapters.

Alex

Dear Kevin,

I think there are many who empathize with what you're going through. There was a time in my life where I was suffering the same things. What helped me most was to simply accept my current situation for what it was, and to trust my inner voice to make me aware of those things I needed to do. That is, I should live my life to the fullest every day according to the best of my ability. There are many things in life I have control over, and those are the things which I actively work on. There are many things in life I have no control over, and those are the things I release to the universe to handle. Living in such a way has made all the difference in the world to me. I trusted that as long as I lived each day the best I could, everything would fall in place in its time. It then did not matter whether I had this or that in my life ... my life became as full as it could be every moment. Sure, I have dreams and hopes and goals, and I work very hard to try to achieve them. But my happiness does not depend on whether I'll ever attain them, because I recognize that if I'm not happy right now in my "now," I'll never be happy in my "then." It is only the now that determines one's true state, and it is in the now that one can find bliss.

I hope that helped a little, and I wish you the best,

HF

Hi Kevin,
I'm going with HF. It's all about letting go and becoming present. Though not of a fixed religion myself, I did hear a saying recently which summed it up best for me: Let go and let god. Focus on what you're doing now, concentrate, give every moment your best and your full attention, the universe will fill in the rest. Or so the saying goes. For the record, I have found that this technique of taking each step one at a time has actually worked best for me at times of greatest stress in my life.
At the end of the day, if you're hanging off the edge of a mountain and have temporarily lost your grip, it's best to focus, concentrating on each movement at a time as this is what's going to get you back to the ledge, not worrying about the ledge and about the fact that you're not on it yet.
It's like when you can't remember someone's name or the answer to a really obvious question (say in a party and you are probably feeling embarrassed about it too!). Isn't it always the way that the more you try to remember, the blanker your mind becomes? As soon as you stop thinking about it, forget that it was an issue, then suddenly BINGO - what pops right into your mind's eye if not the answer!
Underlying message - the answer/solution etc. is there through action and focus in every moment. Sometimes you have to trust that it's there and that it's on its way, as long as you are doing what you can for now.
Nothing lasts forever and that includes crap situations. And remember too that crap fertilizes flowers.
best of luck.
Ingrid

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved