Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MB Offline OP
OP Offline

My husband feels very bad with side effects of chemotherapy--fatigue, weakness, loss of appetite, discouragement, etc. and does not want to do Qigong.

What can I do to help him with specific Spring Forest Qigong techniques?

MB,
My brother was literally reduced to whispering as a result of his 24/7 six months treatment with chemotherapy (he had stomach cancer). He also had intense radiation that just about did him in. He began doing small universe after he finished chemo and within six weeks was feeling normal. I couldn't believe how quickly he recovered his strength. He readily says that his recovery was due to his doing small universe. He continues to do small universe today, more than three years after his initial diagnosis (there is no trace of the cancer!). Perhaps if you suggest to your husband that he do the breathing we do in small universe without calling it qigong, he might be open to that. I hate to see him miss out on a powerful exercise.

I would also send him love and healing quietly and constantly. You might also send a whole lot of love to his heart. You could also do absent healing on him, especially on the discouragement by removing the cloud over his heart.
I hope there are other voices here than can help you during this tough time.
Love and healing to you!
Maura

I had six months of chemo 14 years ago and did really well. I would picture the nurses who were giving me the drugs as angels and I would see the medication as light pouring into my body. Did lots of visualiztion tapes both before and after. There are a lot of great ones out there that can make the process somewhat easier
Good luck

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha MB,

He may give it a try if he can read Maura's story above. Just be sure to let him know that if he's not visualizing the energy very well that's okay, just imagine it. If he's not doing well imagining it, then he can pretrend it's happening.

Remind him of all the competitive skiers who visualize their runs down the slope many more times than they actually shi it. The body doesn't know the difference and it makes a difference.

You can also visualize your husband coming and standing /sitting next to you during your active exercises or meditation - doing it along side you.

You can also put him inside the ball of energy during the Joining of Yin & Yang exercise as you do it.

Much Love, Shawn

Dear Maura

Your story is so inspiring! Do you mind if I ask what your brother's initial prognosis was, (if thats the correct word), if you dont mind? i.e. what did the doctors say about life expectancy?

Best wishes
Dan

Dan,
The initial diagnosis was very serious: malignant cancer of the stomach. The doctors called what they saw "a very ugly mass." He was give a 20% chance of recovery for five years.

I did some very intense healing on him before the surgery. Surgery revealed that the cancer had not spread beyond the stomach and was not in the adjacent lymph nodes. But because it was stomach cancer, the prognosis was still a 20% chance of survival for five years. It is now more than three years since he had the surgery and there is no trace of the cancer and his energy level is strong. My doctor friends were disturbingly pessimistic about his chances of making it so I had to distance myself from them for a while! His own doctors are delighted with his amazing recovery.

Hope this helps, Dan!
Maura

It really does Maura, thank you!

Can you tell me more about the intense healing YOU did on him? I dont actually have the SFQ course yet, so I may not understand exactly what you mean. But I am considering getting it if *I* can help someone else thru it?

Warmly,
Daanish

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Dan,

You can healp someone right away in the Level II section of the deluxe course. You'll just do the healing process taught in Level II. You detect and then work on the blockages found.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved