Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55751 08/20/06 06:04 AM
OP Offline

I just got my new paraliminals, (the ones with the holosync). I would like to know what file format I can use to rip my new paraliminals so that the voices and holosync technology is preserved?
I realize that I can use apple lossless for Ipod, but might not be getting another ipod: thinking of getting a Creative media player like Zen vision instead (basically windows media based player).
Any advice from someone who has tried would be appreciated

MP3, stereo, 320 constant bitrate works great for me...

vitaman

OP Offline

hiya vitaman,
am wondering: would it work jus as well at 256 variable bitrate, MP3 format for an old ipod?
i know some have stated that u should hear a faint buzzing (which is the holosync at work): can u detect it at 320 bitrate.

many thanks for taking time to respond.

If you record at too low of a bitrate, you will clip off the holosync and make it useless. So it would depend on whether or not you want/need the holosync in using the CD.

My suggestion is to use a "lossless" format (which is available in some "burning" programs on the market today for professional MP3's), and even better than MP3, use WAV if possible (although the files are huge, so space could be a problem). The CD's are done originally in a WAV format, so even at the higher bitrate, you're still going to lose some of the effect of the holosync.

As Unis alluded, the less compression the better. Personaly, I rip at 320 which is the highest bitrate possible. I am a bit of a snob with music- don't like low bitrate stuff much (My portable players do not support any of the lossless formats)

Whenever I can, I use a CD player and high quality headphones. But if I am traveling or going to a park, I am willing to go without the holosync- Paul is a fine hypnotist, and his products, though certainly enhanced with holosync, are great without it too.

vitaman

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Variable bitrate at 256 is acceptable. You'll find them just as good. Naturally you will lose some. Constant bitrate at a lower compression will clip the entrainment in places. at 320 you're more or less preserving at a rate that some MP3 players will not accept or play (CD MP3 players almost certainly won't play it. but the bit rate is that high it would be pointless recreating CDs anyway.)

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved