Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Shawn (and others),

One of the questions I have is making sure I have the directions down correctly. My room is a rectangle (2X as long as it is wide) and magnetic north is ~8-9 degrees off of the north wall of my room in the long direction.

Now, in the essentials, it is said that you essentially stand right in the middle of the room and then obtain the directions by following the compass points from this location.

But, it leads to some interesting situations! Because that means even if I'm sleeping with my head facing east (using the magnetic compass), being in the corner of the room, I'm facing the partiuclarly part of the wall that is almost in the south portion of the room division!

So what trumps what? Is it the true magnetic directions that take precedent, or it is directions related to the exact landings of the compass points from the center of the room that matter most?

This would solve a big hangup for me! Because I want to get started, but there are many close good/bad directions that hinge upon this.

Cheers

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha rattler14,

The Bed's facing direction is measured from the footboard as described in the Essentials booklet. That part doesn't rely on where in the room it's located. It could be in the East quadrant of the room and still be a North facing bed.

When putting out your activation cards, she's having you stand in the middle of the room with the compass to figure where the directions lie in that room. You then formulate and place your activations and cards based on that as in Essentials P.14.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved