Next Thread
Print Thread
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

What would you think of these topics as paraliminals:

1) Boundaries

2) Rights and Responsibilities

I'm not sure about the Rights and Responsibilities one, I don't know if it is too legalistic or if it were life giving how it could be done. I know there are universal rights (are there?), and that if we expect more rights we should expect more responsibilities. It would be difficult to push onto someone a certain set of responsibilities. But maybe they could be basic rights and responsibilities that are life-giving. I know Paul Scheele mentions on the Relationships Paraliminal to be aware of your rights and responsibilities in the relationship. What I'm thinking of is a life-giving framework that is very, very basic, and doesn't impinge on the rights of others. Too legalistic - maybe. Maybe it could be a life-giving lesson on how R+R would work together so that you can expand your influence and earn your reputation, ie earn your rights through taking on more responsibilities. I wouldn't want to accept certainty in these areas though, it should be very flexible.

I know Paul Scheele also guides the listener to see themselves seperately from the other in the relationship on both sessions of the paraliminal - Boundaries.

If I'm not mistaken the above two factors are vital for excellent mental health.

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Maybe the above two ideas can be one paraliminal called:

Freedom...within reason.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Grant... there are no limits to how you can use the existing Paraliminals. Belief is an ideal one to use for setting your own personal boundaries and Also Rights and Responsibility. It's a highly personal thing so having Paraliminals like Belief, New History Generator, New Habit Generator, Break the Habit, Peak Performance. give you a whole lot of options.It's not the titles that make the Paraliminals special it's the flexibility in how you can use them.

Personal Relationship, Have you ever considered it can be used on yourself in relation to diet and weight loss? Expand what you think the title means and you expand on the use for the Paraliminal.

Creating more by more names is just going to get even more confusing. What if you don't happen to have that particular Paraliminal... if you think outside the box for a moment you will find that even Personal Genius could be used for motivation, helping with sleep if you have insomnia.

If you wanted to reduce it to just two Paraliminals, I would choose Break the Habit ... yes break the habit of anxiety and fear, break the habit of not sleeping peacefully, break the habit of overstepping boundaries, break the habit of not taking responsibility. Then use New History Generator to draw on the experience where you already do have experience in sleeping peacefully, staying within the rules, taking responsibility, forgiving yourself.

You can be what you want to be, it's already within you and you can find it with any Paraliminal and you don't need titles like freedom... when you have Holiday cheer, New History Generator and Belief that can help you enjoy the kind of Freedom you are looking for.

I'm sure Paul will create more Paraliminals in time... but funny thing I've notice it the name always limits the true potential one can open up by simply listening with "their" purpose in mind.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved