Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

What could be going on if I have great stress on new moon and full moon?

I've tracked it and it seems that it is a pattern.

What's happening?

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Does the word 'lunatic' hold water for both new moon, and full moon?

Do you find your stress greater with one or the other? It could be several things, including what was going on with the Moon at the time of your birth.

Mainly, though, I think it's just your sensitivity to the lunar cycles. Consider the effect these cycles have on the tides on Earth. And consider also that our bodies (including our brains) are made up of so much water.

I have also tracked, in addition to the lunar phases, the distance of the Moon as it swings close to, then distant from, the Earth. These also have effects on the earthly waters, including of course we humans. There is one magazine, "Horoscope GUIDE" that will tell you when the moon is at either extreme (perigee or apogee) and you might find it interesting to track them, too, and see what, if any, is added to the things you've already noticed.

AeB Offline

Lunar cycle's effect is clearly seen on water bodies (esp the tides).. it's a universal phenomenon. Human body is over 70% water.

Farmers all over the world have known the value of lunar calendar and how to utilize those cycles for sowing to harnessing for maximum yield.

In Astrology (mother of modern astronomy), planet Moon has been considered a very important planet to describe the mind. Strength of moon (depending upon the lunar cycle) in an individual's natal chart shows how emotionally stable/fickle a person is. Role of females in one's life (mother/sister/ & other female relationships) are also assessed to some degree by the placement & strength of one's natal moon.

The effect of lunar cycle on everything (especially Human psyche) has been noticed and talked about in Yogic and spiritual texts in detail. There have been numerous scientific studies which have also agreed to what ancients have noticed/said about Moon's effect. Hence the word 'lunatic'

To deal with the adverse effects of lunar cycles many things have been suggested in Yogic texts. Fasting on the 11th day (called Ekadashi in Sanskrit) of the lunar cycle has been advised strongly as one of the methods. This regulates the amount of water in the body, rests the digestive system and other systems which follow digestion. Fasting on 11th day of moon, New moon and full moon has been practiced for centuries in spiritual traditions.

There are several other methods prescribed in Yogic scriptures by which the lunar movements can be utilized to one's advantage.

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Maybe I can drink less water on full moon a new moon, based on scientific fact.

Thank you both for your contributions.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You might also want to check out biorhythms... personal cycles might just co-inside with lunar cycles. Since the woman has a commonly known cycle that can affect her emotions based on hormones. I cannot see why this can't be true for men? It goes to explain the so called "mid life crisis". biorhythms might just be a way of plotting the natural cycles.

Have to admit I haven't bothered much with it myself. Looking at a chart that tells me that it's a "bad day" for me doesn't leave me open to just seeing if it's another interesting day.

Alex

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Well done Alex! Thanks!

I checked my biorhythms, and found a crisis happening in concurrence with the new moon and full moon. Thanks.

About believing in biorhythms, I have no doubt they are real, in fact I consult a chart often. At the moment I am using Free and Easy Biorhythm Generator, I'm just having trouble convincing my dad. I also use the example of a woman's cycle as an example.

I know exactly what you mean by not accepting a reading on the chart as final. i often check the charts after a bad day and if it coincides then I am awed at the miracle of life in all it's hues. My confidence in Life develops as a result.

When you start to realise you've got downs and you realise there are ups too, faith in life increases. If I see I have a bad day I never just lay down and take it, I accept it is within my biorhythms but it is not the final say, so I know exactly what you mean by not accepting it as final.

It's kind of like me receiving validation that things may be tough, but I've got the power to rise above it, like some kind of superhero. Lot's of self-praise and a warm cup of milk. Self-praise is like a cheer-leading stance, self-pity pulls down.

My mom was a registered nurse in Canada, and on every full moon the emergency room would get more emergencies, the mental health facility would get more check ins, and the patients for mental illness were usually more agitated.

This perception may have been because of expectations, however, and not fact. But who knows?

I have never heard of agitation occurring on the new moon. We all know about various rituals held at these times, which are considered significant.

Supposedly there are energies that can be used for various purposes at these times.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved