Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55815 08/24/06 09:19 AM
Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

I know the subject of h/s overwhelm can be a fairly subjective one but I would appreciate the thoughts of other h/s users on the following. I began using h/s again after a break of a couple of months and have noticed that over the last few weeks I have felt a whole range of feelings that I can only described as extreme irritability on my part bordering on anger. I also feel very stressed out and little insignificant things are driving me to distraction. I seem to have no tolerance towards my colleagues at work and as I say little things are causing reactions in me that are all out of proportion to the cause. I cannot say this is being caused by h/s but I wonder whether h/s may be making my reactions and feeling worse than they would normally be. Could some of what I have described be h/s overwhelm? Any thoughts anyone?

Regards
Steve.

I experienced similar when using HS. I think it somewhat overwhelms the brain and reduces its capability to deal with life. Also consider that any time you tinker with the wiring in your brain (good or bad) everything will seem unstable for a time. Think of mixing up the rocks in your fish bowl. You basically end up with a new paradigm or new wiring and your old way of perceiving doesn't work anymore because you know have different structure. My advice is to re-examine your thoughts, emotions and beliefs that are causing you problems. Very likely you are at odds with them somewhere and your brain is shouting at you to resolve it. You may find that your attitudes and beliefs have changed about things, but unless you examine them you may not notice them indirectly except through the agitation you are now experiencing. I have had this happen to me several times in my journey.

Eric Pepin would say that you are developing a spiritual identity that is clashing with your older identities. They don't accept the new one yet. As the new becomes more powerful and displaces some of the older ones you will feel more at home. This tends to require a lot of self reflection and study to determine where your ideology has shifted and where to.

Hope this helps.

May the Force be with you.

LS

Hello:

As a current Holosync user, I agree with what Lord_Shandor has written. I've experienced very similar situations to what you're experiencing. What I have found, that when I take the time to do as he's suggested, and really start exploring why I'm getting upset, angry, etc., most of the problems subside - it's like there's a need for acknowledging what is there, and then just letting go of the negative energy. I use The Sedona Method to help with that. I've also found the Paraliminals to be a great help in assisting the shift in paradigm.

What it all boils down to is, as Bill Harris suggests throughout his material, becoming the Witness - finding a point of detachment from all the crap that's hitting the fan and just observe what is happening, which generally will also provide you with better choices for better outcomes.

Probably a bit repetitious of the other post, but said a little differently.

Couple of other small points: You mentioned just beginning back into Holosync - if you stopped before because of overwhelm or not getting along with the program, perhaps you might want to just slide back in gradually - maybe listen on alternating days. I also found that "time of day" sometimes affects how I respond to the session - perhaps experiment to see what "time" works better for you.

Overall, I hope you won't get discouraged - the fact that you're experiencing what you're experiencing to me sounds like it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing - when the overwhelm reaches the point where the brain must reorganize to deal with it, it will move to a higher functioning level. I have a lot of faith in that "model" as Bill explained it in "Thresholds of the Mind" - it appears to be exactly what is happening with me. Get's rough sometime though, so I really do comiserate with you on that score.

Cheers!
Unis

Unis #55818 08/26/06 06:52 AM
Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

Unis

Thanks for the reply.

I stopped h/s principally because I felt discouraged and that I was not getting anywhere. Looking back I realise I was attached to a specific outcome and "expected" certain results from h/s and because I felt nothing was happening I gave up. That I should point out is a feature of my make up, giving up. I guess my middle name should have been "what's the use?" Sometimes going against that feeling of giving up can take a tremendous effort on my part but invariably I have found it is worth it.

At the moment I listen to h/s in the early evening after arriving home from work. There is little opportunity to listen at any other time, except maybe in the morning but that would mean getting up at 4.30am, an hour earlier than usual.

By nature I do suffer from over sensitivity. By that I do not mean I am necessarily a sensitive person but that I have always found day to day things too much of a stimulus. Normal office/shop lighting hurts my eyes for example so at work and at home I prefer dim lighting etc, loud noise often hurts my ears, as a kid even the sound of police cars and fire engines used to scare the wits out of me. Having said that I have tried exploring why I am getting angry and so far I have had only a little insight in this area but I am sure I could make more progress in this respect. I may have to just take time to make the effort.

But as I say lately the simplest things are driving me distraction, and although I am aware of it and try to tell myself to calm down and that it is my reaction to events that is important here, I cannot seem to stop.

I do not think I will get discouraged though. After complaining that h/s was not working as expected I can hardly complain now that there is too much overwhelm. So I am going to stick it out and see what happens and let whatever happens be okay (if I can!)

Regards
Steve.

Lord_Shandor,

I would be very reluctant to recommend “Higher Balances” and
Eric Pepin in particular if you read the following link.

http://www.wwrn.org/article.php?idd=22201&sec=55&cont=all

Cheers,

Stevie Offline OP
OP Offline

Lord Shandor

Thanks for the reply. I liked the metaphor of the rocks in the goldfish bowl.

You said "My advice is to re-examine your thoughts, emotions and beliefs that are causing you problems. Very likely you are at odds with them somewhere and your brain is shouting at you to resolve it."

I find this quite hard to do to be honest, although I am aware of a certain ideology that has come to the surface quite painfully for me recently although it is an ideology that I have had for a long time. Why it has surfaced so strongly now I am unsure but I think you are right, some honest reflection should point me in the right direction.

I am going to carry on using h/s for the time being. I enjoy the experience despite the possible overwhelm.

Regards
Steve

Frodo,

Do you believe everything you read? Makes it rough when you only hear one side of the story huh?

Lord,

What is the other side of the story??

Hoo hoo

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved