Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55872 08/30/06 03:51 PM
Skipper Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

Recently there was a question regarding the nines exercise. The Guild recently sent a newsletter to members describing the exercise in photo and print. I was unable to locate the info on the Spring Forest web site. Is there a way I can forward the newsletter from my E mail to this forum for the benefit of those interested?

Skipper #55873 09/01/06 04:24 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Skipper,

There are a lot of things Chunyi has put out in his classes.

The "Nine's" Exercise was presented a couple years back at a conference, printed in the Guild (then Association) Newsletter, and then taught at a Spring Forest Qigong Guild meeting a couple weeks back where Darcie Gustine was reviewing healing in regards to cancer blockages.

I included the pictures in the newsletter because, although it's a pretty simple movement, it may be a challenge for some to go from the words to kinesthetic movement.

There is a lot of beneficial information being taught and reviewed at the Guild meetings. One of the benefits of being a member is receiving the "notes" via email as taken by a scribe there at the meetings.

Robert Qualls, the Director of the Guild, does a good job keeping up with email (support@SFQGuild.com), and would be glad to forward that past newsletter to a new guild member.

Master Lin has been to quite a few meeting over the last two years, and members from all over the world have written that they enjoy getting supplemental information from the Guild Newsletters, and support from this Forum.

Other member advantages include can participate in group phone healings with Master Lin held twice a year, as well as discounts on Spring Forest Sponsored classes.

The notes and group phone healings are worth the cost of membership by themselves.

Cost of Membership: $42.00 per year. Membership fees are currently pro-rated from the month of enrollment through December 31.

Guild Membership is only available to Spring Forest Qigong students who have studied Spring Forest Qigong Level One for Health. This can be either in classroom format or home study.

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn,

I only receive the E-mail notes. Is there a newsletter also?
I paid the fee for this year but I have not received any
newsletter.

Gianni

Gianni #55875 09/05/06 02:29 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Gianni,

The notes are the newsletter. The information shared there comes more often and is more timely than a quarterly newsletter could ever be, so they've decided to keep that format.

Much Love, Shawn

Thanks Shawn,

That is what I thought. Your response
above seemed to imply that there might be
a quarterly also.

The new format is handy because it enables
us to get more information quickly. If I have
a fault with it, it is that techniques like The
Nines are only described. I was lucky to
get the issue with the pictures of someone
demonstrating how to do it.

Thanks again,
Gianni

Gianni #55877 09/07/06 02:18 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Gianni,

A lot of people have emailed in heir appreciation of the photos of Kathy doing the exercise.

If you, or any member has suggestions to make the "Guild Review" (the notes/newsletter), easier to follow or more useful -email Robert Qualls. His email is at the bottom of each Guild Review.

Much Love, Shawn

Hey Shawn
How can I get a copy of this? I sent an email to the Guild (Robert Qualls) and have not gotten a response yet. I know there busy, was this the way to get it? If not, how do I go about getting it?
Thanks
Cleo

Cleo #55879 09/11/06 04:04 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Cleo,

Robert will get back to you. I'll even send a "did you get this email" follow-up to him.

Much Love, Shawn

Hey Shawn
I got it a couple of days ago. Robert worked hard to get it to me guess my email was messed up, but he managed to get it to me. Thanks to everyone for the effort of getting it to me, your a great bunch of folks.
Thanks again
Cleo

Last edited by Cleo; 09/11/06 09:15 PM.
Cleo #55881 09/16/06 01:04 AM
Skipper Offline OP
OP Offline

One last word on the subject. Membership in the guild is enormously helpful in your practice, even if you are unable to physically attend the meetings. The notes give information to help you make Spring Forest Qigong a lifestyle rather than just some exercises that you do. I print out the notes and put them in a 3 ring binder for reference anytime. The healing sessions are great too. During the last one I sprinkled some of the water on our pomeranian, "Scooter". He loved Chunyi's energy and made "happy sounds" through the whole session. He had been having problems with the knee in a back leg coming out of joint. After the healing, no further problem.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved