Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#55937 09/04/06 05:27 PM
OP Offline

Hi i have a few questions the first question is can i practice the course without the video or tapes i only have the manual and two tapes the sitting concentration and small universe meditation the rest of the stuff was lost in a move. I know it might sound a little strange but im scared of doing something wrong. The next question i might have to answer myself you see i dident bye the course my mother did a while back maybe when the first course came out. It was for my father who has high blood pressure and still does to this day but he dident believe in Qigong. So i also watched the video we watched it as a family i was young so it was easer for me to believe in it.
now im older now and after some hard times in highschool i got some bad back pain and headaches so i thought the course might help me but have been having second thoughts about it maybe it was becouse i read some strange things that might happen from continues practice of spring forrest qigong and i dont think i want any strange things like that. You all sound as crazy as my mother i say this with respect

anthero6243 #55938 09/05/06 12:06 AM

I would advise you to just go for it. If you have the books, that should be all you need.

If you find later that you are doing something incorrect, then you will just correct it, not a problem.

I don't know what you read about long term practise of SFQ but if it has to do with being a healthy and happy person it's probably true.

jeffdengr #55939 09/05/06 01:37 AM

Well maybe we are as crazy as your mother. Ten years ago, I wouldn't have given the time of day to more than 10% of the stuff I read (and write) on this forum. However, experience changes you.

I don't know how well you've learn the material. Can you do the active exercises from memory?

If you know where the energy centers are (and you have the manuals so you should), then you sitting meditations should be just fine.

I seem to feel that the active meditation are what will help you with your current concerns. I know that most (if not all) of the movements have been heavily discussed and describe on the forum in the past. However, not much in the last year or so.

I would suggest trying it. You folks may be able to help. We can offer what assistance we can, and if you start to feel it's worth while you may look into buying the missing material. I've had some is surprisingly nice experiences with Learning Strategies. If you don't ASK you'll never know what you can get.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Iam2 #55940 09/05/06 03:03 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha anthero6243,

Crazy? Maybe Iam2 or Jeffdengr might belong to your Mom's Crazy Club, but the rest of us are pretty normmmm....

Remember to take what you read in this Forum with a grain of salt. Everyone is coming from where they are coming from and what they experience is what they are experiencing for themselves.

My recomendation is to call into Learning Strategies and ask to upgrade to the CD version of the course. For a very minimal cost they'll get you all set up with the course.

Much Love, Shawn

P.S. Good to see you again at the Learning Strategies Retreat Iam2. It had beenbeen a while.

P.P.S. Jeffdengr: When do you need my Hawaiian music, food, clothing, and fresh lei list before you get on the flight for October's Spring Forest Retreat? Looking forward to catching up. If you come in early, we'll even put you to work again! -S

Shawn_Grim #55941 09/05/06 04:38 PM

Hey Jeffdengr

Does Shawn's post mean you are coming to the October retreat? I am looking forward to seeing you there. Hope all is well with you.
Nickie

Nickie #55942 09/06/06 12:53 AM

Aloha Shawn;

You had better get the list in soon for anything fresh, I cannot promise shave ice delivery:)

Yes I will be in early and had to volunteer my services once again, although you may have to heave me out of the hot tub first.

Hi Nickie;

Will see you there, am doing well.

Jeff

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved